Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backlit Keyboard Stays Completely Lit on SLEEP - 970 Extreme3 R2.0

ManuteSwol is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Backlit Keyboard Stays Completely Lit on SLEEP - 970 Extreme3 R2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BJHALLGRAV View Post
    Agreed. My old Saitek backlit keyboard turned off normally while connected to a powered usb hub too, but some keyboards do not. Hence the workaround :D
    I'm confused now...

Are you saying try to plug it into a USB hub, or plug it into the computer.. in order to get what I am looking for?

With my BioStar, it was plugged into the mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by ManuteSwol View Post
    I'm confused now...

Are you saying try to plug it into a USB hub, or plug it into the computer.. in order to get what I am looking for?
    With my BioStar, it was plugged into the mobo.
    You can plug the keyboard directly into computer usb port OR a non-powered usb hub to get the lights to turn off normally. I just pulled the power cord from my powered usb hub & the keyboard (& 2 other things on it) work just fine without external power.

Quote Originally Posted by BJHALLGRAV View Post
    You can plug the keyboard directly into computer usb port OR a non-powered usb hub to get the lights to turn off normally. I just pulled the power cord from my powered usb hub & the keyboard (& 2 other things on it) work just fine without external power.
    Directly into the computer is not working.

Haven't tried a non-powered USB hub yet...

I have an older G41C-GS that I just picked up new for a new build. On the motherboard (and explained in the manual) there is a jumper labeled PS2_USB_PWR1. The purpose of this jumper is to either keep USB powered devices on after shutdown or not. The board was shipped with this jumper set to "on". During my build I moved it over to "off" so no usb devices are powered while off. I am assuming this will help during sleep as well.
    Last edited by Miggy; 12-31-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I have an older G41C-GS that I just picked up new for a new build. On the motherboard (and explained in the manual) there is a jumper labeled PS2_USB_PWR1. The purpose of this jumper is to either keep USB powered devices on after shutdown or not. The board was shipped with this jumper set to "on". During my build I moved it over to "off" so no usb devices are powered while off. I am assuming this will help during sleep as well.
    I don't see mention of this jumper in the Extreme3 R2.0 970 manual.

There IS a BIOS option for this, but it seems to only affect the front panel.

I don't see mention of this jumper in the Extreme3 R2.0 970 manual.

There IS a BIOS option for this, but it seems to only affect the front panel.
    Try this link

How to disable USB power after shutdown (Asrock 970 extreme 3) [Solved] - Components - Components

This worked for my mouse and other components.. but not my keyboard.

This worked for my mouse and other components.. but not my keyboard.
    My last guess is to go to power options in control panel. Click change plan settings and then click Change Advanced Power Settings. There is a USB setting there for selective setting. If it is enabled try disabling it. I have never used it but it may help.

I know it's been two years since I created this thread... But there's not much that bothers me more than people who don't close the loop on this type of thing.

I eventually gave up on SLEEP but the same issue presented itself at SHUTDOWN.

The "Fix" is really annoying. You have to enable the Onboard Audio, just to disable something called Play... then you can disable the Onboard Audio again.

I really think they forgot the second 's' in the manufacturer name.. you know, between the As and the Rock. That rename would perfectly sum up what I think about this board.... dealing with this thing is about as bad as dealing with the ads and Captcha on thie forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information