Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 or Extreme4

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 or Extreme4

Quote Originally Posted by Wayno-san View Post
    I just purchased the Extreme6. As explained earlier the difference of a graphics card running at x16 and x8 is negligible so I think using the Ultra M.2 slot in a single gfx card scenario is totally acceptable.... HOWEVER, if you plan on going SLI you'll have to chose between that and using the Ultra slot, as SLI will only function at x16 or x8, and not x4. That's why I'm not totally sure if I made the right choice in going with the Extreme6 over the Fital1ty Pro. On the other hand the board seems to be working fine so far and I could potentially upgrade to one, more powerful card, in the future.
    I don't get the part in bold above, if you are referring to the Fatality Z97 Pro. The Fatality Z97 Pro does not have any more PCIe 3.0 lanes than the Z97 Extreme 6 does, since the PCIe 3.0 lanes are supplied by the CPU.

If you meant the Fatality X99 Professional, then I see what you mean.

Default Re: ASRock Z97 Extreme6 or Extreme4

I was just comparing the Z97 boards. The two just have the CPU lanes distributed differently. With the Pro you don't have the option of an Ultra M.2 slot so you won't lose the x8 in the second slot until you plug in something in the third PCIe slot. With the Extreme6 you lose x8 if you plug something into the third PCIe slot OR you plug something into the Ultra M.2 slot. I think it ends up being 6 eggs in one basket and half-dozen in another scenario in the end... lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information