Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Front USB problems

dandragos is offline Junior Member

Default Front USB problems

Hello. I bought recently a new desktop PC with the Motherboard ASRock 9600 GC-GS FX and AMD FX 6300 and Radeon R9 270. The problem I'm having is that the 3 USB 2 on the top of the case seem to stop working quite often - a few times / hour. The items i have in them, be it a mouse, keyboard or wireless adaptor stop working and I have to manually remove and reinsert them to work again. BIOS seems to be updated, and on the manufacturer's webpage (ASRock > 960GC-GS FX) I've found only 3 drivers - App Charger which is supose is the mainboard driver, a LAN Realtek one, and a Audio one. I have installed them all. I also like to mention they have some utilities such as XFast Usb which does not detect my usb ports or my CPU. Pls help!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Front USB problems

Windows supplies USB 2.0 drivers, there are none you need to download yourself.

AppCharger is an ASRock "driver" that allows all the USB ports to receive power when the PC is shutdown or in Sleep mode, for charging devices like cell phones, iPods, etc. That's not a main driver for your board.

If you check the Windows 7 download list for your board, you'll find an example of the main driver package for your board, the AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.631-sata327. Why your board does not have one for Windows 8, I don't know.

I would check the connection of the USB connectors on your case to the the mother board.

Have you checked Windows Device Manager, in the USB section, for any problems. You can check the Events tab for hints about any problems.

In the Windows Power Plan, Advanced settings, try setting USB Settings, USB Selective suspend to disabled.

dandragos is offline Junior Member

Ty for replying. I have checked Event viewer and it reports an error with USB. Source - USBEHCI. Something about a timeout in response while waiting for response.

front USB usually should be connected to devices with short or no cable. E.g. flash disks and external hard disks with short USB cable work good.
    Also devices that must be detected in bios (mouse, keyboard, or their wireless usb dongle), shouldn't be connected to front USB; Because there is no guaranty for their detection in bios.

Thread Information