Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer restart itself

Default Computer restart itself

Hi,

I've a self made computer with Asrock 890GB PRO3 P1.60 motherboard.

Computer restart itself:
    1- I click on the power button
    2- Everything works, I see first welcome screen ,I can goto bions setup or windows loads.
    3- After a few minutes, screen goes black, nothing works, i see power led its normal: blue, computer is silent, after a few seconds (usually 15) computer restart itself.

Tested with different ram: Same result
    Tested with different HDD: same result

Please help

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Computer restart itself

First, the only ASRock "890 Pro3" board that has a version 1.60 BIOS is the 890GM Pro3, so is that the board you have?

ASRock > 890GM Pro3

Next, no other information given, such as what processor you are using, do you have a video card or are you using the integrated graphics? What power supply are you using?

What PC case are you using? Did you just build this PC and it has this problem, or have you used it for a while? Did you install Windows just for this PC, and what version?

When the PC restarts itself, does it then go through the same cycle of the display going black and then restarting?

When you said, "computer is silent", is that different than when you have something displayed on your monitor?

My first guess is you are having a power supply problem, or possibly an over heating issue of some kind. If you go into the BIOS and check the HW Monitor screen, what is the CPU temperature and board temperature?

Yes, I've 890GM Pro3.
    Spec:
    Phenom II x6 1090T
    Onboard integrated Graphics.
    Using Cooler master CPU
    Using Cooloer master Case.
    I had no issue, I build this PC in 2012.
    I've installed windows 8.1 a few months ago without any issue.
    "computer become silent after a few seconds".. first the display going black, leds on the case still lighting, keyboard leds goinf OFF, no sound etc.., after a few seconds, restarting itself.
    Sometimes it works longer: I see windows loading logo.
    Sometimes it works more longs: Windows load itself, I can use the computer 5 minutes
    But mostly it reset itself on boot (while I See the boot logo from Asrock)
    I've tested with a different HDD: Same issue
    I've tested with a different RAM: Same issue.
    I've cleaned the CPU fan and re-applied CPU paste: Same result (Temperature was 35, down to 28).

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    First, the only ASRock "890 Pro3" board that has a version 1.60 BIOS is the 890GM Pro3, so is that the board you have?

ASRock > 890GM Pro3

Next, no other information given, such as what processor you are using, do you have a video card or are you using the integrated graphics? What power supply are you using?

What PC case are you using? Did you just build this PC and it has this problem, or have you used it for a while? Did you install Windows just for this PC, and what version?

When the PC restarts itself, does it then go through the same cycle of the display going black and then restarting?

When you said, "computer is silent", is that different than when you have something displayed on your monitor?

My first guess is you are having a power supply problem, or possibly an over heating issue of some kind. If you go into the BIOS and check the HW Monitor screen, what is the CPU temperature and board temperature?

You were correct, it was a PSU issue. I've changed the PSUE and looks like it works fine. Thank you :)

Thread Information