Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: z97 extreme 4 + I7 4790k= very bad defaults?

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: z97 extreme 4 + I7 4790k= very bad defaults?

HWiNFO64 can optionally create a saved CSV sensor log file that is viewable in a spreadsheet program and it's sensor display and system summary windows are excellent.

From an image search on the web:

There is also an Average column that can easily be displayed in the sensor status window.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    HWiNFO64 can optionally create a saved CSV sensor log file that is viewable in a spreadsheet program and it's sensor display and system summary windows are excellent.

From an image search on the web:...
    HA! Looks vaguely familiar... and looks like a Haswell noob at work there...

Martin gives me the impression that he is slightly insulted when users remove some of the readings or features (like Average), but the Sensor display has become so busy, and some readings are redundant IMO (why do I need to see the core ratio/multiplier on a recent generation Intel processor when the Core Clock rate tells me what the multiplier is, for example.)

Someone explain what the amount of "Virtual Memory Committed" or Load means to me?

Gdgiordan HWiNFO has changed and continues to change all the time, how it looked at the time of your older system will not resemble the current version.

MSI Afterburner is just for video cards, not a system monitoring application. Plus it just looks a lot like EVGA's Precision X utility... or did Afterburner come before Precision?

Gdgiordano is offline Junior Member

Yeah I will give it another shot I guess. You might be interested to know tha MSI version 4.1 is way different than its its predecessors. It has lots of good data all being graphed in sync including CPU figures. Theve been moving that way because processing is just as important as the GPU nowadays. You might like its data now.

Gdgiordano is offline Junior Member

So new issue. The computer turns itself on from full shutdown. It is haunted! And yes the dehumidifier function is disabled.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Ok, I took a look at it quickly but it seemed to only deal with video card related things, no surprise there.

The only problem is, Haswell boards and processors are different than previous Intel products, and the third party hardware monitoring programs had problems at first (some still do) figuring out how to display certain CPU information. The main one is VCore, which is generated by the internal Haswell voltage regulators, the first time Intel has done this.

Since the board's VRM's are not creating and controlling the VCore voltage (they provide CPU Input voltage, a DRAM Input voltage, and another voltage I can't recall right now), the standard VCore sensor output from a board no longer exists. But the Haswell processor provides the core VIDs which may be read in the usual way. But a VID is not the same as the actual VCore. That's all I'll say about that topic...

Most ASRock boards do not provide a VCore reading, only the VIDs. Many Asus and Gigabyte boards added a secondary sensor chip and circuitry to extract the true VCore from a Haswell processor. A hardware monitoring program must (try) to figure out which sensor output is the Haswell VCore, and each manufacture does it in a different way.

Of course, if you ever read about how Intel describes the technique for measuring the VCore when it was created by the mother board itself, you would wonder how it is even done with Haswell processors, or measuring it with a volt meter as we are led to believe we can do on non-Haswell boards. It seems these VCore readings for Haswell are "in the ball park" and have a much wider lower range than VIDs.

Some programs have gone back and forth, using VID and VCore if the can find it, CPU-Z is one of them. Others simply use the VIDs, Intel does that in their IXTU program. HWiNFO64 goes through the trouble of programming itself for each manufacture's method of extracting the VCore from a Haswell processor. That took many months and input from different board users, etc. It even has a VCore reading for ASRock Haswell boards, or at least some of them, my Z87 OCF is one. Other manufacture's boards have up to four VCore readings.

My point, finally, do I trust MSI Afterburner to be as accurate as HWiNFO64 with Haswell processors? No chance in

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information