Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention: Z97 Extreme 9 Update 1.30 broke UEFI-boot

Default Re: Attention: Z97 Extreme 9 Update 1.30 broke UEFI-boot

Dear Incriminated,

We have tried to do the test through update BIOS from P1.14 to P1.30 then use below system configuration and BIOS settings.
    CPU:i5-4460s
    USB:Trandscend 8G,
    Memory:G.Skill DDR3-1600 4GB
    BIOS:P1.30
    M.2:Samsung XP941

Install Samsung XP941 with GPT mode and set BIOS option of CSM storage OpROM UEFI only as you mentioned.
    With BIOS P1.30, system still can show "UEFI: USB devices" in boot menu, please refer below picture.
    Attention: Z97 Extreme 9 Update 1.30 broke UEFI-boot-select-boot-device-jpg

For this issue, our BIOS RD also tried to modify some setting and then release a testing BIOS P1.30A for you.
    Please download the BIOS from below link:
    http://download.asrock.com/tsd/Z97%20Extreme9(1.30A).7z

If symptom still remains please do below verification and provide some information to us:
    (1)Remove all SATA device and M.2 card from this board then check the boot menu to verify if this issue maybe related to SATA device.
    (2)Only plug one USB to check boot menu again.
    (3)Provide us your whole system configuration and BIOS settings for further check.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear Incriminated,

We have tried to do the test through update BIOS from P1.14 to P1.30 then use below system configuration and BIOS settings.
    CPU:i5-4460s
    USB:Trandscend 8G,
    Memory:G.Skill DDR3-1600 4GB
    BIOS:P1.30
    M.2:Samsung XP941

Install Samsung XP941 with GPT mode and set BIOS option of CSM storage OpROM UEFI only as you mentioned.
    With BIOS P1.30, system still can show "UEFI: USB devices" in boot menu, please refer below picture.
    Attention: Z97 Extreme 9 Update 1.30 broke UEFI-boot-select-boot-device-jpg

For this issue, our BIOS RD also tried to modify some setting and then release a testing BIOS P1.30A for you.
    Please download the BIOS from below link:
    http://download.asrock.com/tsd/Z97%20Extreme9(1.30A).7z

If symptom still remains please do below verification and provide some information to us:
    (1)Remove all SATA device and M.2 card from this board then check the boot menu to verify if this issue maybe related to SATA device.
    (2)Only plug one USB to check boot menu again.
    (3)Provide us your whole system configuration and BIOS settings for further check.

Thanks.

Best wishes,
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy.
    So Im diggin my thread out because after one year reaching 1.90 it still is not fixed.

I need to clean install my system... so here I go. I tried all kinds of UEFI-only/Legacy-combinations that USB and CSM offer... does not work.

Just to note:

1. I created clean ISO from my orig Win7Ultimate SP1 and created a twice UEFI-ready USB-Sticks with Rufus that has been verified to work on a secondary computer with an MSI board flawlelly in UEFI-mode.

2. Rebooted into BIOS set Boot>CSM: Disabled and Advanced>USB>UEFI Only.

3. I powered off, unplugged ALL unneccesary SATA and USB-devices except the one UEFI-USB-Stick in an USB port on the rear + my old PS2-keyboard.

4. Powered on pressing F11. Dadum... only "Windows Boot Manager" shows up.

5. Into setup, press F9 to load the defaults..... checked options: CSM Enabled all legacy only, USB set legacy enabled too <---- why you suggest me that?

Just a little not: Doesn't mean having enabled CSM and/or USB in legacy enabled mode will NOT allow boot into UEFI-mode? Im totally curious about your screenshot.

I prepare myself now to downgrade from 1.90 to 1.14...... luckily theres safety BIOS switch.

PLEASE HELP.

Whats wrong?

Im back... and the problem seems to be on the fault of the limitations UEFI USB-madness.

When I rebooted with the WIndows CD.... at least that one showed me available for UEFI... ya, what indeed baffled me because i thought it was impossible to use the CD for UEFI-mode at all.

Seems there is problem with +32GB USB-Sticks.

Anyways.... I create a new USB-stick-partition-table by hand with diskparted and stick to the fine manual... See you later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information