Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

VaughanJer is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Quote Originally Posted by stefano.balzarotti View Post
    I've found a workaround for WHEA Error, Asrock does not fulfill the PCI-Express 3.0 Spec, so if you set in UEFI menu PCIE Gen1 the error will disappear.
    The section is Advanced->Chipset Configuration->PCIE1.2.3.4 and 5 Link Speed
    This is not a solution, in fact I feel very frustrated to not being able to use the PCI Express 3.0 on a card that I paid more than € 500.
    However, now it is at least possible to use a stable system.
    We hope that Asrock will release as soon a bios update that solve the problem.

Interesting! My initial research did have me try that, but I think I only went down to Gen2 which caused the system to not even post and I had to reflash my BIOS. I did this a few times. Did you happen to try Gen2 and see the same results... system wouldn't post?

I definitely didn't try Gen1. Really, Gen1? I'll take stability over speed at this point, but my oh my... a $600+ dollar motherboard should not have these issues. I'll try this later today.

BIOS UPDATE PLEASE!

stefano.balzarotti is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Quote Originally Posted by VaughanJer View Post
    Interesting! My initial research did have me try that, but I think I only went down to Gen2 which caused the system to not even post and I had to reflash my BIOS. I did this a few times. Did you happen to try Gen2 and see the same results... system wouldn't post?

I definitely didn't try Gen1. Really, Gen1? I'll take stability over speed at this point, but my oh my... a $600+ dollar motherboard should not have these issues. I'll try this later today.

BIOS UPDATE PLEASE!
    Unfortunately works only with gen1

However, today Asrock has send me a bios update, it doesn't works, but I'm glad he's decided to cooperate.

Unfortunately works only with gen1

However, today Asrock has send me a bios update, it doesn't works, but I'm glad he's decided to cooperate.
    Great, so it looks like they're addressing the issue. Awesome job! I just switched to Gen1 and so far so good. I'll report back, and I plan to check out my LSI stuff later tonight too.

stefano.balzarotti is offline Junior Member

Today Asrock has send me a BIOS update that finally solve the problem, now all works perfectly with PCI-Express 3.0!

Today Asrock has send me a BIOS update that finally solve the problem, now all works perfectly with PCI-Express 3.0!
    Fantastic! Can you let me the number you called, and who you spoke to if possible, and/or send me the files? I've been checking their website daily for updates... still nothing official.

What version does your BIOS show now?

Dear VaughanJer,
    Thanks for your feedback.

Please download below link of BIOS file P1.00C for try:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing
    If problem still remains, please feel free to contact us.

Best Wishes
    ASRock-TSD
    Eddy

Hi,
    I am having the same problem and I am using: ASRock X99 Extreme 11 and Nvidia 560TI and bios v1.10 (3/24/2015).

Can more people confirm that P1.00C solves this problem (this is an older BIOS than 1.10)?

I have tested it now, and it works. TNX

Quote Originally Posted by destilot View Post
    I have tested it now, and it works. TNX
    It lastet one day only, and now the random boots are back (Kernel-power event ID 41 Task category 63.
    Not the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I'm sadly in the same boat. Updated to BIOS v1.10 and am still getting the WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR BSOD whenever I have SLI enabled. Things go to normal when I have it disabled. Here's my setup:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    ASRock X99 Extreme11
    Intel Core i7 5930K@stock
    32GB G.Skill DDR4 2400 @ 2133 (just in case)
    2x Crucial M550's in RAID0 (boot/OS drive)
    2x Seagate 3TB drives in RAID0 (data drive)
    3x EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked
    SoundBlaster ZXR
    ASUS DVD-RW
    ASUS BD-RE
    Corsair AX1200i PSU

I've tried all the various troubleshooting techniques posted around and have had 0 luck getting this to stable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information