Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Default Re: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Dear homerj79,

Please update below link of BIOS file P1.10B.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing

If problem still remains, please feel free to contact us and please provide some picture about the event id and more information to us.
    We will further check this symptom is same as others.

Best Wishes
    ASRock-TSD
    Eddy
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 05-05-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Default Re: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Dear destilot,

Please try below BIOS P1.10B.
    But the Kernel-power event ID 41 Task category 63 seems different with this case.
    We have google and found some other way may can solve it.

If problem still exist, please take some picture and more detail for us to check, thank you~

ASRock
    TSD Eddy.
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 05-05-2015 at 10:49 AM. Reason: modify the link

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear destilot,

But the Kernel-power event ID 41 Task category 63 seems different with this case.

If problem still exist, please take some picture and more detail for us to check, thank you~

ASRock
    TSD Eddy.
    Hi Eddy,

I installed the P1.10B and it solved the problem whit WHEAUNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
    But I still get the Kernel-power event ID 41 Task category 63 and random reboots.
    My Rig:
    ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR-ss-png

I have reinstalled windows, update all the drivers and Changed: PSU, UPS, GPUS, and RAM, still getting the random reboots.

Dear homerj79,

Please update below link of BIOS file P1.10B ?

If problem still remains, please feel free to contact us and please provide some picture about the event id and more information to us.
    We will further check this symptom is same as others.

Best Wishes
    ASRock-TSD
    Eddy
    Hi Eddy,

I downloaded the file, decompressed it, and put the resulting file on a thumb drive (formatted FAT32). I then rebooted in to the UEFI and attempted the instant flash. I could see the system process the file, it was the only file on the drive, but then recieved noticed that no image files were found. For kicks, I downloaded the earlier 1.00C image from February as well as the released 1.10 Instant Flash file from the ASRock website and put all three files on the thumb drive. The system detected the 1.00C and 1.10, but not the 1.10B image. Please advise.

Dear destilot,

ASRock
    TSD Eddy.
    Yes the problem still exist. See my eventlog screenshot:
    I see that there is a new bios on asrocks pages, its the same size as 1.10B (is it the same)?
    ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR-captur-png

please help me Eddy

Cpufreak80x86 is offline Junior Member

Hallo dudes,

first of all sorry for my bad english, second i guess were sitting in the same expensive boat (with wet feet). So looks like were all fellows in misery. Like a couple of us, i tryed differend hardware configs, different biossettings on different biosversions, with different Driverversions....and i have done more then one clean Windows Installation. The Rig was build to do some overclocking....but til now i didn`t get the Rig stable under default settings, so overclocking is in far distance. I have saved money for long time to build this rig, and now it is just BSOD Horror. I get the WHEA-Logger Error 17 since i purchase the board. On my Configuration it definitely has a coherency with the BSOD 0x00000124 (on hal.dll, also involved are ntoskrnl.exe and pci.sys) Both appears random at different times under other conditions, and both will appear in 100% of all times if try to run a benchmark on one of my M2 SDDs. (No matter which) Benching HDDS or SDDs on LSI or X99 will not do any crash. On Benching the M2 SDDs the WHEA-Logger Error 17 appears many times a second until system final crashed with BSOD 0x00000124.
    (Used HD Tune Pro, Performance Test, AS SSD Benchmark, CrystalDiskMark.....all the same) Both appears under Bios Version 1.00, 1.10. Both disappers on Bios Version 1.00C. And the only Bios Version that devides this Errors is Version 1.20. On 1.20 the WHEA-Logger Error 17 will happen just a few times, the time between it may be somthing from 12min till 1hour....and it will not mount if i try to bench my SDDs and benchning my M2 SDDs will not end in BSOD 0x00000124. So it looks like the system can handle much Error 17 till it comes to an unhandled hardware exeption.

But no happy ending is in reach. The second BSOD i get, has somthing to do with the Display Adapter (MSI R9 295X2 8GD5). The BSOD 0x1000007e (on atikmdag.sys). On the first view you may think that it is (only) an driver issue. Yeah i know it is like in an old mystery novel. It always is the gardener. So you think it must be the dirty Catalyst driver. We have seen this many times on many Systems, with differnt cards. I have tryed different Bioses and Settings and Catalyst Drivers from 14.1 til 15.4Beta. No changing. System crashed in different situations with different programs or games when switching from desktop to fullscreen mode. 3DMark does switch several times between the different benchmarks to desktop and then back to fullscreen. So this is best way to reproduce this Error. So Furmark will run for Hours with no Problem. Second way to get BSOD 0x1000007e is if i change resolution in fullscreen mode (Dying Light for exp.) This Error never happend under Heavy Load or high temps, Afterburner is not installed and Ati Overdrive is disabled.

But it should be possible to run one R9 295X2 on a Asrock X99 extreme11 with one of the matching Catalyst driver (from 14.1 til 15.4Beta) with no Error, since we Know that there are ppl runing more then two of them in on Asrock X99 extreme11. So it may be a faulty R9 295X2, (i`m in contact with MSI, but til now nothing new) or an issue that goes along with the PCIE Problem.

To: ASRock TSD-Eddy
    I have collected some Crashdumps (minidumps) and screenshots of all the Errors i talk about. My System Info is also included. Files are stored to following link.
    Minidump and WHEA Logs.zip (1.88 MegaByte)

If you didn`t know what part of your new rig you should RMA first your in great trouble. :(
    Last edited by Cpufreak80x86; 05-03-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Exclamation Re: ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Oh sorry I forgot to mention and add the Screenshot of the WHEA 17 Errors during Gameplay so here it is. This is on Bios 1.20. As you can see on playing Games there are still a lot of WHEA-Logger Error 17.

ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR-whea-logger-error-17-bios-1-20-device-0x3-jpg

Very sorry I try to write down everything but I forgot this.

Quote Originally Posted by destilot View Post
    Yes the problem still exist. See my eventlog screenshot:
    I see that there is a new bios on asrocks pages, its the same size as 1.10B (is it the same)?
    ASRock X99 Extreme11 Motherboard - Constant Restarts Due To WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR-captur-png

please help me Eddy
    Hi destilot,

the Kernel Power Event ID 41 is just what the System posts when Windows was restarted without shutdown. So if you have random reboots doe to blackscreens or bluescreens Windows indicates at the next start that it was not correctly shutdown and posts Kernel Power Event ID 41 as result.

Dear homerj79,

We saw Mr. destilot can update P1.10B BIOS at this thread.
    We suggest to re-download the BIOS file for try.
    If still can't update please provide your BIOS version for us to verify.

Thanks

ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Dear destilot,

Our website of P1.20 BIOS is not the same with 1.10B.

We think event ID 41 root cause is not the same with others on this thread.
    We kindly suggest to check your device component(install only one memory for try, test on other memory, change other memory slot, test on a clean system ,change other HDD) and refer below information that Microsoft have explain, maybe this can help you to check.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504

Thank you.

ASRock TSD
    Eddy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information