Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking issues

slinks is offline Junior Member

Default Overclocking issues

Just built a new system around the Fatal1ty x99m motherboard. When I go in to the bios and just select the 4ghz turbo and save then reboot it still says the current cpu speed is at 3.3ghz. I have also tried loading the fatal1ty rapid oc utility and that installed properly but gives me an access violation error when I try to start it. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64. Its been a while since I tried overclocking I am sure there is some step I am missing.

Fatal1ty x99m
    core i7-5820k
    16 GB crucial ddr 4
    samsung 580 pro
    nvida 970
    Last edited by slinks; 01-13-2015 at 04:15 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Overclocking issues

What step would be missing? You select the 4GHz automatic OC feature, it sets all the BIOS options for the OC, you save and exit the BIOS. If the OC failed to boot, you'd know that so I don't see how the BIOS would reset itself to its default CPU speed settings without some indication of that.

When you select the 4GHz automatic OC feature, the BIOS option settings should be populated, you should be able to see things like the core multipliers being set to 40 instead of 33. So after the save, exit, and reboot that apparently only then runs the CPU at 3.3GHz, if you go into the BIOS, the 4GHz automatic OC settings are gone?

When you say, "...it still says the current cpu speed is at 3.3ghz.", what are you using to monitor the CPU speed/frequency, what is telling you the CPU is at 3.3GHz?

Thread Information