Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Want to try some simple overclocking... ASRock Z97 Extreme6

schwachs is offline Junior Member

Default Want to try some simple overclocking... ASRock Z97 Extreme6

I have the config shown in my specs link above and here: Intel Core i7-4790K, MSI GeForce GTX 970 - My Custom Build - zaatar's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

I'd like to do some simple overclocking but haven't done it in so long (and was ASUS before) that I'd like to make sure I don't fry anything... anyone have a simple starters guide for a old-noob?

Thanks!

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Want to try some simple overclocking... ASRock Z97 Extreme6

Just Google/search on "Haswell Over Clocking", you should find several guides. This forum is not big on OC guides, more of a problem solving forum.

The board manufacture you are using does not matter much regarding differences in techniques, except for a couple different terms for certain things. What does matter is what your previous PC is, was it Intel or AMD? If Intel, what board and CPU do you have? I ask about the board only because I can tell what generation of processor it uses, which is what can make a big difference in how over clocking is done.

If you let us know what system you are coming from, we can tell you the basic differences about over clocking. If it is "old" in PC years, then things have changed quite a bit.

Thread Information