Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: FM2A88M-HD+ Won't post, but beeps.

Default FM2A88M-HD+ Won't post, but beeps.

I just completed my first build using the FM2A88M-HD+ with an Athlon X4 860K CPU, XFX R7-265 GPU and HyperX Fury Series 8GB (2x4GB) RAM and I can't get the system to boot. All the fans turn on, and the HD spins up, but nothing appears on the monitor and there are no beeps. I've taken everything apart and reassembled the parts one at a time out of the case, but the problem persists. I've tried hooking the monitor up via the two DVI ports on the GPU, the DVI on the motherboard, and the VGA on the motherboard, but nothing works.

With just the CPU/heatsink and motherboard, the CPU fan spins up and the board beeps 3 times repeatedly, which I know is the "no RAM" code. If try to boot after disconnecting the ATX 12V connector, the CPU fan spins up at a different speed and the board does not beep. With the 12V connector disconnected, I am unable to shut down the system by holding the power switch.

When I install RAM, the CPU fan spins, but the board does not beep. I've tried installing each of the individual sticks in every possible configuration, and nothing changed. I also tried using Corsair Dominator-GT RAM and nothing changed.

With all the parts connected out of the case, the fans still turn on, but the system shows no sign of booting. No beeps and nothing on the monitor. I have also tried resetting the CMOS with the jumper.

I'm lost on what to do at this point. I've tried everything I can and nothing seems to help. Could the motherboard have been dead on arrival? Or maybe the RAM isn't compatible? I have no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are the model numbers for the system:
    Motherboard: FM2A88M-HD+
    CPU: AD860KXBJABOX
    RAM: HX316C10FK2/8
    GPU: R7-265A-CNJ4
    PSU: CX430
    HD: ST1000DM003
    BIOS version is 2.1
    Last edited by csspar; 01-16-2015 at 06:17 AM.

Britgeezer is offline Member

Default Re: FM2A88M-HD+ Won't post, but beeps.

Please check this thread carefully, I don't see quite the CPU you list but as I read it, you may need BIOS 2.6. You can check your memory as well.
    ASRock > FM2A88M-HD+
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 01-16-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Britgeezer is offline Member

Default Re: FM2A88M-HD+ Won't post, but beeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    Please check this thread carefully, I don't see quite the CPU you list but as I read it, you may need BIOS 2.6. You can check your memory as well.
    ASRock > FM2A88M-HD+
    Yep this confirms it you need BIOS 2.6.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A88M...wnload&os=BIOS

Thread Information