Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intel ME Firmware downgrade?

Default Problems after updating Bios

Hey,
    i got an Asrock p67 pro 3 and a intel Core i5 2400 Sandy Bridge.
    My problem is, that i cant enter my Bios on Biosversion 3.3: my computer freezes.
    On 3.1 and 3.2 i can, but i get spammed with the popup "reset to default settings?".
    On Bios Version 2.0 and 1.8 the bios works, but i get the error "heci pointer mismatch" at the Systemstart.

I made the mistake to go from 1.8 to 3.3 directly i think.
    I already got a New BIOS chip with Version 3.3 but it is still the same problem.
    I assume it has something to do with the intel me firmware. I hope someone can help me.

Current ME Firmware: 8.0.0.1262

Regards
    Last edited by relyyy; 01-16-2015 at 05:59 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Intel ME Firmware downgrade?

If you have the new BIOS chip with BIOS 3.3 on it, have you installed the Intel IME software that is required for the new IME firmware in your new BIOS chip?

The link to that IME software is in the BIOS 3.10 description: ASRock > P67 Pro3

I did. My Problem with 3.3 is, i cant start Windows because normally i have AHCI activated. With a new Bios it gets reset to IDE and I cant come into the 3.3 Bios to change it, because it freezes for me.

Edit: What i just found out is, if i have a USB-Stick plugged in at the Frontpanel, i dont get the Popup Window in the Bios (With Version 3.1 and 3.2). What the F*** is this?
    Last edited by relyyy; 01-16-2015 at 08:47 PM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

If you mean a USB flash drive with the BIOS files on it, they will only be detected in a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel.

My suggestion is, do NOT try flashing 3.10 again, only do 3.20 if you want to try a different BIOS version.

WAIT A MINUTE... Oh great, only Windows BIOS update files available... no wonder you have problems. You can't use Instant Flash with that file type on a USB flash drive, you can only run those in Windows. Plus do not run them from the USB flash drive, copy the files to your OS drive, right click on the update program, and choose Run as Admin.

Please read the BIOS update instructions for the Windows update method. Don't have anything else running when you run it, and restart the PC immediately after the update.

About your first problem, freezing with 3.30, did you try a BIOS/CMOS clear? Does your UEFI type BIOS have sound affects like other ASRock boards do? If so, disable that if you can, that is known to cause freezing.
    Last edited by parsec; 01-17-2015 at 12:40 AM.

I mean just a USB-Drive, didnt have anything on it. I also did reset the CMOS - didnt work.
    The support now sends me another Bios-Chip with version 3.2. I hope that will work.

And btw., there are instant flash versions for my mainboard, you just have to change the URL to get the non-listed Versions.

Thread Information