Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock C2750D4I No Video/ No Post?

Default Asrock C2750D4I No Video/ No Post?

Well first off I can not tell if it doing Post or not since I have no video.

New C2750D4I
    New Kingston 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 Server Memory w/TS Model KVR16E11K4/32 (Yes before posting I triple checked and this is part of the memory QVL)

When I power on the board I have a Green Blinking LED when looking down at the board with the Ports to the top little bit to the left of the CMOS Battery and towards the Top(back ...ports) of the Board.
    Other then this blinking Green light nadda, and yes I have waited longer then 30 seconds to see if it is just a long boot since I did see here that it takes a while to boot, I have turned on the board and walked away and come back anywhere from 10-45 Mins later nothing showing on the attached VGA Monitor. I do get link lights on the NIC from the attached network cables, have tried with only the VGA monitor attached no Drives or Keyboard just the VGA Cable and all the HD's removed still nothing. The BIOS version on the Sticker says P2.50.

Please let me know if you need any more info or what trick I might use to get the VGA to display so I can set this system up.

Britgeezer is offline Member

Default Re: Asrock C2750D4I No Video/ No Post?

That's a different very server MB, can you connect a speaker to listen for post beeps?

The memory is the right type, but maybe its not liking 4 sticks. Have you tried two?
    As you probably know, a new BIOS was released 1/07/2015
    I would certainly try clearing the BIOS - and I'm a fan of removing the battery a while with the jumper in place.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 01-16-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kalimac View Post
    When I power on the board I have a Green Blinking LED when looking down at the board with the Ports to the top little bit to the left of the CMOS Battery and towards the Top(back ...ports) of the Board.

Please let me know if you need any more info or what trick I might use to get the VGA to display so I can set this system up.
    I have never "only" used a VGA - I have both VGA and kbd/mouse, so I can't tell you if this should make a difference.

As for the LEDs, I have one LED turning on solid green, and one blinking green. Like Britgeezer, I suggest you take a look at the memory sticks. Try removing all, then insert only one stick - and be careful that the stick is fully inserted. The unusual DIMM connector fooled be, so I had to take the sticks out and reinsert them before I got my board to work.

Have you tried to attach to the IPMI over the LAN? You can just attached the IPMI-LAN (the one above the USB connectors) to your normal LAN and point your web browser to it, once you've found it's IP address. FWIW, the IP address of the IPMI is the normal IP address +2, e.g. if the normal IP address is .22, then IPMI IP address is .24

What is the update after...
    1/ clearing CMOS with absolute no power and CMOS battery?
    2/ with one stick of RAM in slot A1 and then try another?

Bill
    TSD
    william@asrockamerica.com

Thread Information