Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AsRock Fx990 Extreme 9 Overclocking 8370E

John_PC is offline Junior Member

Default AsRock Fx990 Extreme 9 Overclocking 8370E

Hello there,
    I've been looking for information for a few weeks now on how to safely achieve high OC's with my gear (see signature.)
    I've found some interesting stuff on individual components, or similar ones (8350 / AsRock Fatality, etc.) but very little to nothing on my components I'm using. Any suggestions to sites/posts to look for information would be greatly appreciated.
    So far, I've achieved a very stable OC @ 4.4 ghz, running Intel Burn test at very high for 10 runs. Higher speeds not so much luck with Burn test.
    Regards,
    JohnPC

Update 2-7-2015:

Well I've achieved a 4.715 ghz stable with a 5.1 ghz Turbo boost (1.4V.) while still using all the nice power-saving functions like C'n'Q, C1E and Core C6 on enabled. I know these functions are usually frowned upon while OC'ing, but I like the fact that my idle speeds drop back down to 1.6 ghz when not in use. It helps with the electric bill ;-))

My regular profile at 4.4 ghz with 4.7 ghz. Turbo boost (1.3v) remains stable too with all the energy-savings enabled.

I'm satisfied with these results since my intention was not to join the super-oc'ers club, some of which I've seen with results well into the 6.5 ghz. range.
    Last edited by John_PC; 02-08-2015 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Updated

Thread Information