Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Updating BIOS issues on Z97 Exreme4 ATX

Ezequiel Sanchez is offline Junior Member

Default Updating BIOS issues on Z97 Exreme4 ATX

First is SPECS:
    ASRock Z97 Extreme4 ATX
    Intel® Core™ i5-4690K
    ADATA XPG V2 8GB 1866MHZ
    EVGA GTX 970 SC

So I'm having Issues with my BIOS. I'm running 1.30 and the newest is the 1.50 for my MOBO but here is where the issue comes in. When I boot into the bios from the 'ASRock Restart to UEFI' application I dont get any Keyboard or mouse response. And when I try to smash F2 or END during boot I'm unable to boot into the BIOS. I pass POST but my guess is I've disabled some setting for USB. I was messing around with the BIOS when I was trying to get a USB to AUX cable from the RockSmith game to work. I eventually got that to work (it had nothing to do with the BIOS) but that was the last time I remember being able to navigate the BIOS menus.

So I'm looking a way to Remedy my keyboard and mouse issue or completely restore the old bios so I'm able to upgrade to the newest version.

Thanks for your help I feel like a noob as I have a couple Certs for this and it is my job SMH. well gotta learn somehow....

Britgeezer is offline Member

Default Re: Updating BIOS issues on Z97 Exreme4 ATX

If you think you have yourself in a bad loop, just clear the BIOS and apply default settings. This should put you back in control.

BTW, unless you have a specific issue addressed by the BIOS update - there is no need to apply it. Its never without some risk.

I had never had an issue with updates - but many have.

Ezequiel Sanchez is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Updating BIOS issues on Z97 Exreme4 ATX

Thank you for the quick response. I'll give that a go and let you know the results!

Results: You were absolutely correct. Cleared BIOS with the clear CMOS Switch. My keyboard and mouse work again. Used a flash drive to update the BIOS using ASRock Instant Flash, worked like a charm. Had a little hiccup due to using the M.2 card as my boot device I'm unable to use Ultra Fast boot. I had that setting enabled and it made the MOBO not see any devices. SCARY but a quick flick of the clear CMOS Switch again, I defaulted back booted up into windows and edited my OC settings in the A-Tuning Program. I'm back good to go on my system.

The reason I was upgrading the BIOS was because like many people I was getting the annoying-resetting-computer-after-shutting-down problem. I was hoping that would fix it. I haven't shut it down yet so no test results there. I was looking around in the BIOS and I also disabled the LAN boot. So I'm pretty confident I've remedied that issue.

Hope this helps with anyone looking.
    Last edited by Ezequiel Sanchez; 01-16-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Thread Information