Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: INTEL 4930K , Asrock X79 Extreme 9 LGA2011 , water cooled , overclocking

Default INTEL 4930K , Asrock X79 Extreme 9 LGA2011 , water cooled , overclocking

hi friends,

anyone notice that the bios post of 44 ghz 100blck doesnt match the windows post of 4.2ghz. windows is shy of 2ghz. my 3930k didnt do that. Im using the latest bios 4.0

thanks,
    Chris

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: INTEL 4930K , Asrock X79 Extreme 9 LGA2011 , water cooled , overclocking

Not quite sure what you mean by, "... the bios post of 44 ghz 100blck doesnt match the windows post of 4.2ghz". If you means Windows sees your 4.4GHz OC as 4.2GHz, that is usually just a Windows issue. I would never use Windows to check my CPU speed, it is known to be wrong with an OC most of the time.

Otherwise...

If you changed to a 4930K from your 3930K. Did you also flash to BIOS version 3.60 for you Ivy Bridge processor first?

If you did not flash to version 3.60 first, before flashing to version 4.00, then you've got a problem.

If you did flash the BIOS versions in sequence, then did you update the Intel IME software for your 4930K?

Default Re: INTEL 4930K , Asrock X79 Extreme 9 LGA2011 , water cooled , overclocking

where do i download the latest intel IME software? I never heard of IME software and never installed it for the 3930k. I flashed the bios with the 3930k installed luckily and in order 3.6 then 4.0.

Thanks for your help,
    Chris

ASRock > X79 Extreme9

i think i found them here. I didnt install these yet. I hope this improves system stability and overclocking. my water system should let me get to 5.0 no problem. the cpu is running extremely low temps.

That's it, the ME software listed in the BIOS update. Without the ME software, your board cannot communicate with the ME firmware that is part of the BIOS, which is used among other things for over clocking.

The INF file installer is also important to run, it identifies all the Intel hardware on the board for drivers and software. The new INF and ME software also allow you to run the standard Intel IRST AHCI/RAID driver instead of the RSTe driver that is normally used with the X79 chipset. Many people complained about the performance of RSTe, so Intel added updates to allow the use of IRST.

You don't need AXTU unless you want to use that ASRock utility program.

thanks for the awsome knowledge. Im running an Adaptec 8885 raid card with 4 120g evo 840 ssd for OS and 4 - 500g evo 840 ssd for project media soon to be 8 total. I get 1.8gig/s transfer rates for the 12bit 4k 4:4:4 DNG files.

the ram im using is the corsair 32gig ddr3 1600 xms sticks and the gtx690 video card.

what is faster? a system that 4.0ghz with ram at 2400 speed or a system that is 4.4ghz with ram at 1600.

Thanks,
    Chris

im gonna upload a pic of my build. im using swifttech water cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddgsx View Post
    thanks for the awsome knowledge. Im running an Adaptec 8885 raid card with 4 120g evo 840 ssd for OS and 4 - 500g evo 840 ssd for project media soon to be 8 total. I get 1.8gig/s transfer rates for the 12bit 4k 4:4:4 DNG files.

the ram im using is the corsair 32gig ddr3 1600 xms sticks and the gtx690 video card.

what is faster? a system that 4.0ghz with ram at 2400 speed or a system that is 4.4ghz with ram at 1600.

Thanks,
    Chris

im gonna upload a pic of my build. im using swifttech water cooling.
    Which is faster? It depends on what work is being done, but usually the 4.4ghz with RAM at 1600 would be slightly faster.

That RAID card costs more than your CPU.

Did you try the IME software and did it help?

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    Which is faster? It depends on what work is being done, but usually the 4.4ghz with RAM at 1600 would be slightly faster.

That RAID card costs more than your CPU.

Did you try the IME software and did it help?

yea that card isnt cheap but it works amazing bro. It was a pain in the beginning figuring out how to get it to work. and i will get 4 more 500gig drives when the prices come down on the evo 840's to have total 8 drives in the future.

I plan on upgrading my mainboard and cpu when the X79, X99 , X? <---- this one , comes out. i think it was silver something , cant remember and keep the adaptec raid card. I love working in realtime 4k 12bit files and i need at least 800-1000mb reads on the drives.

I unistalled the old ime and installed the new one and got it to 4.4 stable at 1.35 volts. gonna play around some more later tonight. i want to grab pics too while im there.

Thread Information