Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cannot install windows on raid

Default Cannot install windows on raid

Read somewhere that OCZ vertex 2's are incompatible,I have Vertex 3's are these compatible?
    HTF can these be incompatible with a modern board?

Basically the raid fails after windows starts to install and then reboots.
    one of the SSD's fails in the raid,not always the same one.
    Loaded raid driver from disc before install.

Any other possible reason for failing?

OMFG
    WTF is all that BS advertising doing in a thread FFS.
    I think I'll go somewhere a bit more proffesional,what a joke.
    Last edited by MystaMagoo; 01-16-2015 at 09:02 PM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Cannot install windows on raid

If we had an idea what board you are using, then we might actually be able to help you.

If you have an Intel Z87 or other 8 series or 9 series chipset board, then yes Vertex 2 SSDs are not compatible. The Vertex 3 does not have that problem, it should be fine. OTOH, if you have an old firmware version on your SSDs, that could be a problem.

Please describe your RAID array, type, number of drives, Windows version, etc.

Yes the ads are a bit much. An ad blocker like Disconnect works wonders... without it I could not stand using this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    If we had an idea what board you are using, then we might actually be able to help you. If you have an Intel Z87 or other 8 series or 9 series chipset board, then yes Vertex 2 SSDs are not compatible. The Vertex 3 does not have that problem, it should be fine. OTOH, if you have an old firmware version on your SSDs, that could be a problem. Please describe your RAID array, type, number of drives, Windows version, etc. Yes the ads are a bit much. An ad blocker like Disconnect works wonders... without it I could not stand using this forum.
    Hi Apologies for rant,been struggling with pc problems for 2 straight weeks. And my new parts/build wasn't playing nice ALL day. Embarrassingly my own doing. HAF XB evo has 2 xdock connections which I was using unknowingly. Swapped drives out of them and no problems since.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Interesting, I have that case too, but never used the docking bay for any drives in RAID.

This is not your mistake, it is Cooler Master's! If that drive bay is screwing up the SATA interface somehow so RAID does not work, how could you know that? It should not do that.

I have add on drive bays that are passive, no electronics in them besides the power connections. They work fine with drives in RAID, using them now for that. This is not the first time I've heard of drive bays in a case causing problems, one was so bad a single SSD (no RAID) was not recognized by the board, etc. Any drive bay that does something like this is just designed wrong.

Thread Information