Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: fatal1ty 990fx killer issues related to latest bios --PSA

Default fatal1ty 990fx killer issues related to latest bios --PSA

Just a PSA I had been using the latest bios 1.30 for a while and having tons of issues of various sorts. I attributed to hardware issues, as it turns out once I downgraded the BIOS this morning all the issues resolved.

THe biggest issue was voltage during boots. Once I downgraded to the beta bios 1.12a all is is fine again. I was about to order a new PSU.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: fatal1ty 990fx killer issues related to latest bios --PSA

Quote Originally Posted by mtrai View Post
    Just a PSA I had been using the latest bios 1.30 for a while and having tons of issues of various sorts. I attributed to hardware issues, as it turns out once I downgraded the BIOS this morning all the issues resolved.

THe biggest issue was voltage during boots. Once I downgraded to the beta bios 1.12a all is is fine again. I was about to order a new PSU.
    BIOS 1.30 for your board has been available for three months now, and I don't recall any number of complaints about your board in this forum. I can't say your problems did not happen, I don't own this board.

Would you explain the problems a little better? By voltage during boots, do you mean the CPU voltage, or voltage readings in general, or what? Do you use default settings for the most part, or what?

The BIOS descriptions are very general and vague, and we know even new options can appear after a BIOS update that were not mentioned in the description. But it looks like 1.30 is the official version of beta 1.12A.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    BIOS 1.30 for your board has been available for three months now, and I don't recall any number of complaints about your board in this forum. I can't say your problems did not happen, I don't own this board.

Would you explain the problems a little better? By voltage during boots, do you mean the CPU voltage, or voltage readings in general, or what? Do you use default settings for the most part, or what?

The BIOS descriptions are very general and vague, and we know even new options can appear after a BIOS update that were not mentioned in the description. But it looks like 1.30 is the official version of beta 1.12A.
    Sorry it has taken me a few days to get back.

I had been having several issues since I upgraded my bios to 1.30 with cold boots. It would be more prevalent when overclocked. As best I could tell, was the 1.30 bios would (how to explain it) try to either over volt on cold boots.

I had just assumed it was the PSU, but I finally got around to moving the PSU to another 990FX system ( Sabertooth 990fx 2.0) and all was fine on power ups.

So then I thought the maybe for some reason the MB or a component was shorting out ( note once booted it would work flawlessly ) but anyhow I took everything out and reinstalled , still had the same issue. So then swapped the sabertooth MB in the same case and no issue.

I was stummped...thought about when it started happening...seemed to be around the time I upgraded the bios. So I thought what the heck and let me go back to the bios I was using previously 1.12a (under the beta section on the ASRock support).

Viola no issues on cold boots.

What would happen on cold boots would be one of 2 things either nothing would spin/power up of the fans would spin up for a second then off then try to spin up again 2 or 3 times. ( same for the led light on my cpu cooler and sound card).

Interestingly I forgot that 1.12a also has some other bios features enabled that none of the other bios have enabled/ non hidden. 1.30 does not have these additional features.

Additional bios options, under advanced and then one of the options, all are in the same place.

Gen2 High Speed Mode
    Port ASPM Support
    Immediate ACK
    Link Width
    Link Width
    Link Width
    Slot Power Limit
    Port Deemphasis
    Compliance Mode
    Remap Device Number
    Lane Reversal
    Port Hotplug

When I first installed version 1.12a I saw these options but really did not both to read them, I assumed it had to do with the additional m.2 drive fixes.

Thread Information