Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H61MV-ITX always power to usb ports

gordo_ is offline Junior Member

Default H61MV-ITX always power to usb ports

Hi,

I have a problem with my H61MV-ITX.

After shutdown there is still power on all USB ports, and some USB periphals won't power off because of that.

I enabled "Deep SX" in bios. This mainboard have no "Play mode" or jumper.

I think its a bug in the bios. (tryed older bios too).

wrote an email to Asrock Support no answer yet...

cheers

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: H61MV-ITX always power to usb ports

Sorry to say, not an accidental bug, but a feature...

ASRock > App Charger

No offense to you gordo_, but in the last two months so many people have "discovered" this situation and are asking about it in this forum. That surprises me since the App Charger feature has existed for years in ASRock's line of mother boards. I just wonder why suddenly so many people are noticing this and asking about it. I've seen at least one thread about this virtually every day, particularly since the new year began.

But that is not important. What is important is we don't have a way to disable it. If there is a way to do that, it is not obvious or documented.

If it is possible to disable/enable App Charger with a new or modified BIOS option, and given the number of complaints about App Charger, ASRock has some work to do. There are over 200 ASRock boards listed in the App Charger page in the link above, and the list has not been updated for about two years, so add at least 50 more boards to the list.

Will ASRock be willing to add BIOS updates to even a fraction of those boards?

gordo_ is offline Junior Member

Hi Parsec,

thanks for your reply!

It would be nice if someone from ASRock can make this official (just by a post here).

people get after bios update standy-power on the USB, that is not normal.

some people have a functional deepSX(with nearly the same board) than others.

sorry it smells and I am not convinced (at the moment)that this is a new feature which cant be turned off.

I want a simple anwer from the Asrock support or some Aposles. why must I digging so deep to get a unoffical? answer in a forum.

with all respect I don't undestand.

cheers
    Last edited by gordo_; 01-19-2015 at 01:05 AM.

parsec is offline Senior Member

gordo_, I understand that this is hard to believe, I don't blame you.

As I said, we've been talking about App Charger for many weeks now, with many different ASRock board users. Did any of them, including me that has four different ASRock boards, find the BIOS option that can cause the USB ports to be powered off when the PC is shutdown? No.

You could try to contact ASRock support directly with your question. ASRock > Support Request Form

If you find a solution, we would love to know what it is.

Thread Information