Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asrock x99M fatal1ty killer memory compatibilty

kienast is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock x99M fatal1ty killer memory compatibilty

Hello
    Here is the reply received after i contacted Asrock RMA support. I am happy with the support , I will RMA the board and get another one in 2/3 months.
    I am not in a rush anyway .
    Thanks
    David

"Dear Customer,
    bent CPU pins void the warranty as all our motherboards are checked and tested to prevent this type of damage in the factory. The damage therefore must have been caused by Customer Inflicted Damage. We can however offer to accept and replace this motherboard but only if you accept to pay a 10,00 repair fee that will cover our extra repair costs for the repair of this motherboard. We are not able to repair this kind of damage in Europe so we would have to send it to Asia for repairs. As this process will take 2-3 months we would send to you a replacement motherboard of the same type. In order to do this we need your confirmation that you will also pay for all involved transport costs (from you to Asrock and Asrock back to you). The total costs from Asrock to you will be 30 euro. Also please let us know the correct Serial Number (mentioned on a Yellow Sticker on the Motherboard). Please confirm and give us the missing information after which we will let you know the address you can send your motherboard to and give you a reference. This is the only offer we are able to make you. Sending you a replacement Motherboard in advance is not possible.

Best regards,

Roy Hurkens

RMA/Service & Logistics Department"

YaTi is offline Junior Member

Angry Re: Asrock x99M fatal1ty killer memory compatibilty

Apparently they are having a ton of issues with this board. My first board lasted exactly 30 days and burnt up, they sent me a second board and it was DOA. Now almost 4 months later my third board came in and it only sees half the memory?...wth? I rely on this build for a lot of autocad 3D modeling and they have cost me literally thousands of dollars in lost revenue. If you discover it wasn't because of bent pins let me know... ​

Angry Re: Asrock x99M fatal1ty killer memory compatibilty

Quote Originally Posted by YaTi View Post
    Apparently they are having a ton of issues with this board. My first board lasted exactly 30 days and burnt up, they sent me a second board and it was DOA. Now almost 4 months later my third board came in and it only sees half the memory?...wth? I rely on this build for a lot of autocad 3D modeling and they have cost me literally thousands of dollars in lost revenue. If you discover it wasn't because of bent pins let me know... ​
    Sorry for posting on a dead thread, but I'm having the same problem. First board burnt up like yours (made my whole room smell like electronics smoke for 5 days). I received my second board and it does the same thing (b7). I can get it to work with one stick (only 4 gigs), but like you I am a professional and use this rig for heavy video and photo editing. My backup is a MacBook Pro, and I've had to use that for the last month and a half. I'm using the Adata XPG Z1 4x4GB kit. I keep getting that b7 error code no matter what I do. I wonder if they'll trade out this board for another X99 model mobo. Yours seems to be doing better than mine, at least you can see half the memory, I only see 1/4. Do you have any suggestions on what I RMA next (CPU, RAM, PSU)?

ARGH, should have gone with Gigabyte in the first place.

P.S. Did you ever get yours resolved?

YaTi is offline Junior Member

Unfortunately no... I am on board number 5, this last time I even sent it to them with the ram and they tested it, supposedly it was fine but they sent a new board instead. This board is doing the same thing. Only sees half the ram but in the overclocking menu it shows a module in every slot, windows 10 only recognizes half my ram but CPUID sees all of it... wth..... I think it is an issue with certain processors. What CPU are you running?
    Asrock x99M fatal1ty killer memory compatibilty-32gbram16gbram-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nicon View Post
    Sorry for posting on a dead thread, but I'm having the same problem. First board burnt up like yours (made my whole room smell like electronics smoke for 5 days). I received my second board and it does the same thing (b7). I can get it to work with one stick (only 4 gigs), but like you I am a professional and use this rig for heavy video and photo editing. My backup is a MacBook Pro, and I've had to use that for the last month and a half. I'm using the Adata XPG Z1 4x4GB kit. I keep getting that b7 error code no matter what I do. I wonder if they'll trade out this board for another X99 model mobo. Yours seems to be doing better than mine, at least you can see half the memory, I only see 1/4. Do you have any suggestions on what I RMA next (CPU, RAM, PSU)?

ARGH, should have gone with Gigabyte in the first place.

P.S. Did you ever get yours resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by YaTi View Post
    Unfortunately no... I am on board number 5, this last time I even sent it to them with the ram and they tested it, supposedly it was fine but they sent a new board instead. This board is doing the same thing. Only sees half the ram but in the overclocking menu it shows a module in every slot, windows 10 only recognizes half my ram but CPUID sees all of it... wth..... I think it is an issue with certain processors. What CPU are you running?
    Asrock x99M fatal1ty killer memory compatibilty-32gbram16gbram-jpg
    Ha-ha! Literally 10 seconds after clicking submit on my last post, the pc randomly shuts off and the ever-potent odor of burning electronics fills the room. I've burnt another mobo!
    Pic: http://i.imgur.com/Qej8lsP.jpg

Anyways, I'm using a 5820k. At this point I'm going to RMA everything (CPU, RAM, PSU) and if nothing works I'll either try to get a full refund on the board and go with the GIGABYTE model or I might also try to see if they'll give me a X99M Extreme 4. Unlike yours, mine simply won't boot with more than 1 stick 90% of the time. The times that I can get it to boot with more than 1 stick (i.e. 2 sticks), it only shows up as recognizing 1 stick. Sometimes the slots recognition is all wrong.
    EX:
    Slot D1 filled, reports slot B1 filled.

Sorry about your problems too. I'll probably send my RAM and maybe even CPU to them to test with before they send me a replacement. I'm worried that all of this burning of motherboards has affected my other components...

P.S. It looked so good!
    Pic: http://i.imgur.com/qpIY3Tn.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information