Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Canīt change RAM voltage on Asrock P5B-DE

Default Canīt change RAM voltage on Asrock P5B-DE

Hello, I noticed that my RAM volatge stays always at 1.8V

Readings from HWmonitor always shows voltage 1.79 - 1.86, regardless BIOS setting.

Iīd need little bump at 1.9V to ensure my system stability, but I canīt do that...

Iīm using P5B-DE with 1.30a bios - with added ahci support

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Canīt change RAM voltage on Asrock P5B-DE

So there is a BIOS setting for RAM voltage, but if you change/increase it, the voltage reading does not change much or at all?

The board may not provide RAM voltage sensing, but can you set it to 1.9V?

Your board has the ASRock OC Tuner program, does that have a RAM voltage setting?

Yes I can set it up in BIOS to any value, 1.7 - 2.2V, but readings from monitoring programs in Windows are still showing 1.86V (not 100% sure though if itīs RAM voltage, but it looks like that) and PC is still unstable in same way, modules are same temperature on touch, so I think voltage is not changing, and BIOS-set voltage is not corresponding to real RAM voltage.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Memory voltage readings are very rare in hardware monitoring programs. I ran HWMonitor on my Z87 board and there is no RAM voltage reading. I don't know of any program besides those that come with a mother board that will read RAM voltages.

I get a VIN1 reading that shows 1.872V - 1.880V, which is much higher than the actual voltage setting in the BIOS. That reading matches nothing I have set in my BIOS, and I also get several very wrong readings for some things, like VCore values of over 3V.

I highly doubt that voltage reading in HWMonitor is your RAM voltage. Also, raising the RAM voltage by 0.1V will not raise the temperature of the memory modules much if at all. At their standard speed they each use about 1W of power. If you raised the speed of the RAM, that might make them warmer since they will then use more power.

Your problem with stability may be related to something else, or you need to raise the RAM voltage more.

Thread Information