Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: c2750d4i suddenly won't post

Default c2750d4i suddenly won't post

I've had the c2750d4i running my freenas machine for a little less than a month, and everything was working flawlessly. Yesterday I returned home to find that the machine was frozen, and would no longer post on reboot. All indicator lights are on and the machine powers up/fans spin etc but there is no video output. Disconnecting all drives does nothing. Using alternative RAM does nothing. I'm using RAM on approved list and have passed memtest86+. The server was on a battery backup and there was no power surge etc.

I can log in to IPMI and the event log says 'Critical Interrupt' 'Software NMI - Asserted'. About 1 in 50 times it will boot as if nothing is wrong without errors, but then will hang again on the next reboot using the exact same setup. It seems totally random. I've updated the firmware through IPMI as well as the board bios to the latest available from the asrock site during one of the few successful boots. I've also tried clearing the cmos to no avail.

I've read quite a few threads about other people having problems getting the c2750d4i to post/output video, but typically those are people who are doing an initial setup and have not had the machine working properly previously or are using unsupported memory. Any help would be appreciated!

Default Re: c2750d4i suddenly won't post

Quote Originally Posted by robt1 View Post
    I've had the c2750d4i running my freenas machine for a little less than a month, and everything was working flawlessly. Yesterday I returned home to find that the machine was frozen, and would no longer post on reboot. All indicator lights are on and the machine powers up/fans spin etc but there is no video output. Disconnecting all drives does nothing. Using alternative RAM does nothing. I'm using RAM on approved list and have passed memtest86+. The server was on a battery backup and there was no power surge etc.

I can log in to IPMI and the event log says 'Critical Interrupt' 'Software NMI - Asserted'. About 1 in 50 times it will boot as if nothing is wrong without errors, but then will hang again on the next reboot using the exact same setup. It seems totally random. I've updated the firmware through IPMI as well as the board bios to the latest available from the asrock site during one of the few successful boots. I've also tried clearing the cmos to no avail.

I've read quite a few threads about other people having problems getting the c2750d4i to post/output video, but typically those are people who are doing an initial setup and have not had the machine working properly previously or are using unsupported memory. Any help would be appreciated!
    When the board doesn't POST, can you still log in to the IPMI and see the power rail status from Server Health in MegaRac?

Thread Information