Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock 990FX Killer + AMD FX-9590 + FAiL

Default ASRock 990FX Killer + AMD FX-9590 + FAiL

Hi folks,

I appear to have made a slight mistake in ordering the ASRock 990FX Killer mobo for use with my new FX-9590, constant lock ups, blue screens, freezes all while running at a cool 34 degrees [Corsair H100i Cooler], I should point out i Prime95'd this setup for 6 hours without one failure, lol.

Anyway I am getting a little annoyed by this happening, then found out the mobo does not even support the CPU [doh!], so i checked for the extreme9 and that don't support it either [double doh!] I am thinking of giving the board to the kids and getting something else more suited for the processor, could anyone who is actually running this cpu recommend a good replacement board please.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Killer + AMD FX-9590 + FAiL

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Crouch View Post
    Hi folks,

I appear to have made a slight mistake in ordering the ASRock 990FX Killer mobo for use with my new FX-9590, constant lock ups, blue screens, freezes all while running at a cool 34 degrees [Corsair H100i Cooler], I should point out i Prime95'd this setup for 6 hours without one failure, lol.

Anyway I am getting a little annoyed by this happening, then found out the mobo does not even support the CPU [doh!], so i checked for the extreme9 and that don't support it either [double doh!] I am thinking of giving the board to the kids and getting something else more suited for the processor, could anyone who is actually running this cpu recommend a good replacement board please.
    Why do you think the 990FX Extreme9 does not support the FX-9590? It's listed in the CPU Support List: ASRock > 990FX Extreme9

Not to mention the FX-9590 is featured on the overview page of the 990FX Extreme9: ASRock > 990FX Extreme9

I don't have a FX-9590, so can't suggest a board, but the ASRock 990FX Extreme9 clearly supports it.

evolucian911 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Killer + AMD FX-9590 + FAiL

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Crouch View Post
    Hi folks,

exteme 9 supports it. may in other threads have issues with that cpu and number 1 is COOLER and yours for some reason POPS up everywhere when some1 compains about that cpu as u did.. second is motherboard. get the extreme 9 or even better the asus CROSSHAIR V and it may be time to invest and set up a custom water block. take it from an owner of that cpu (and many others) go custom.

Thread Information