Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asrock C2750D4I -

UltraNEO* is offline Junior Member

Question Asrock C2750D4I - Crushed/damaged board

Hi..

I have just unpacked an Asrock C2750D4I serverboard that has been delivered to be via Scan (today) the external packaging is perfect! However, looking around the board I have notice a tiny part of the board has been crushed. It looks more like a small dent. It's right on the corner where the screw mount is near the BMC enclosure - see attached image.

Asrock C2750D4I --asrock_img_1301-jpg

Haven't tested the board yet.. and I'm not sure should I be accepting this in this condition. My question is: Will this affect my warranty??

Thanks.
    UltraNEO
    Last edited by UltraNEO*; 02-15-2015 at 02:33 AM.

Default Re: Asrock C2750D4I -

WOW.. 145 views and zero feed back.
    Perhaps I should be emailing Asrock instead of dealing with you dweebs

Britgeezer is offline Member

That's a tad off for everyone here whom volunteer their time and knowledge, sure go ahead and contact ASRock.

However, if you want a dweeb reaction:

The photo without any specific identification (circle/arrows) by you shows a section of the motherboard that has no electrical contacts, so any damage in that area has no impact on the product performance.

You know, sometimes our Brit humour can be misunderstood.
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 02-16-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    That's a tad off for everyone here whom volunteer their time and knowledge, sure go ahead and contact ASRock.

However, if you want a dweeb reaction:

The photo without any specific identification (circle/arrows) by you shows a section of the motherboard that has no electrical contacts, so any damage in that area has no impact on the product performance.

You know, sometimes our Brit humour can be misunderstood.
    Thanks for the reply, obviously I know there's no electrical traces there. However some manufacturers can be funny when their hardware fail and there's visible signs off physical damage on the board, I'm... how you'd say "covering my ass".

Umm... Here's a highlighted image for all those who missed what I'm talking about. haha

Asrock C2750D4I --asrock_img_1301_2-jpg

Britgeezer is offline Member

Well I think you can consider CYA is now well documented.

Default Re: Asrock C2750D4I - Crushed/damaged board

Hi UltraNEO, please take a photo documentation of your retail box too if there is any sign of impact/damage. The chipped off corner doesn't appear to have damaged the circuitry part inside the bottom layer. I believe it's ok for you to try to power up the board perhaps without your memory first if you are concerned. Once the board is powered up (for sure No POST without RAM), you may log in to the Megarac - Server Health page to check for any sign of error in power rail table. When there is no indication of power failure, next you may install your RAM and boot the system back up. If you don't have any problem getting the POST and operating your OS, it will be up to you whether you keep the board or get a replacement from the vendor. Here is my question, is this a brand new board that has never been used or an open-box item sold from someone? By looking at the mounting screw opening area, it appears as it has been installed (see compression) before. The BMC firmware version 0.23.0 printed on the sticker indicates this board is from a rather late production date.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
    Hi UltraNEO, please take a photo documentation of your retail box too if there is any sign of impact/damage. The chipped off corner doesn't appear to have damaged the circuitry part inside the bottom layer. I believe it's ok for you to try to power up the board perhaps without your memory first if you are concerned. Once the board is powered up (for sure No POST without RAM), you may log in to the Megarac - Server Health page to check for any sign of error in power rail table. When there is no indication of power failure, next you may install your RAM and boot the system back up. If you don't have any problem getting the POST and operating your OS, it will be up to you whether you keep the board or get a replacement from the vendor. Here is my question, is this a brand new board that has never been used or an open-box item sold from someone? By looking at the mounting screw opening area, it appears as it has been installed (see compression) before. The BMC firmware version 0.23.0 printed on the sticker indicates this board is from a rather late production date.
    Thanks Bill...

The packaging of this board looks fine, there are a few minor-scuff marks and dings from being in transit from the vendor (Scan international) but there's no signs of it being crushed or badly damaged. Booting up with non-ECC memory, this board appears to function fine without any hardware issues or glitches.

Though now I'm searching for 16Gb Unbuffered ECC UDIMMs (per module) I'm quickly discovering they're a little hard to come-by. Other than Memphis, are there any other manufactures of ECC UDIMMs modules which are compatible with this board? I'm looking for 32Gb initial installation with the option to upgrade to 64Gb later.

By the way, according to the download/support page BMC 00.23.00 is the latest version dated 1/7/2015

Asrock C2750D4I --bmc_updates-jpg
    Last edited by UltraNEO*; 02-20-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNEO* View Post
    Thanks Bill...

The packaging of this board looks fine, there are a few minor-scuff marks and dings from being in transit from the vendor (Scan international) but there's no signs of it being crushed or badly damaged. Booting up with non-ECC memory, this board appears to function fine without any hardware issues or glitches.

Though now I'm searching for 16Gb Unbuffered ECC UDIMMs (per module) I'm quickly discovering they're a little hard to come-by. Other than Memphis, are there any other manufactures of ECC UDIMMs modules which are compatible with this board? I'm looking for 32Gb initial installation with the option to upgrade to 64Gb later.

By the way, according to the download/support page BMC 00.23.00 is the latest version dated 1/7/2015

Asrock C2750D4I --bmc_updates-jpg
    You are correct about Memphis 16GB module being the only option in the C2750D4I's RAM QVL. It sounds like you have already look up Crucial and Kingston's own QVL for this board and realized they don't make 16GB ECC UDIMM either. 16GB module made by Memphis is the one ASRock Rack has validated so far and ASRock Rack has to place the order on customer's behalf if they wanted it. However, it's not anywhere cheap as last time that I checked, it was over $300, per
    DIMM.

Yes, the BMC firmware 0.23.0 is the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
    You are correct about Memphis 16GB module being the only option in the C2750D4I's RAM QVL. It sounds like you have already look up Crucial and Kingston's own QVL for this board and realized they don't make 16GB ECC UDIMM either. 16GB module made by Memphis is the one ASRock Rack has validated so far and ASRock Rack has to place the order on customer's behalf if they wanted it. However, it's not anywhere cheap as last time that I checked, it was over $300, per
    DIMM.

Yes, the BMC firmware 0.23.0 is the latest version.
    The only other modules I can source at a reason price point are 8Gb x2 1600mhz UDIMM, fully populated it'll be 32Gb.
    Right now I'm not convinced to keep this board, I'm wondering why didn't Asrock go with Reg ECC memory that's easier to source?

The Intel Atom C2000-based is developed to be compatible only with SODIMM, UDIMM, VLP UDIMM. ASRock Rack does have many other server boards that use RDIMM and LRDIMM, just not the Atom-based.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information