Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Two Quick Questions about Q1900-ITX

hakd is offline Junior Member

Question Two Quick Questions about Q1900-ITX

Hi

Im new here at the board and i have two questions witch i cant get answered on Asrock website because it states my MB ID is wrong =O

1. I currently boot Lubuntu on a USB 2.0 Drive and it works great, is it possible to boot from a USB 3.0 Drive two ?
    (Thinking about a SanDisk USB 3.0 Extreme 190MB/s 16GB to boost the I/O)

2. Does Q1900-ITX support FDE (Full Disk Encryption) if i but in an SSD that supports it instead ?

Prethanks for the help and i'm happy to have found a place for some help without filling out a form with numbers i don't have.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Two Quick Questions about Q1900-ITX

Quote Originally Posted by hakd View Post
    Hi

Im new here at the board and i have two questions witch i cant get answered on Asrock website because it states my MB ID is wrong =O

1. I currently boot Lubuntu on a USB 2.0 Drive and it works great, is it possible to boot from a USB 3.0 Drive two ?
    (Thinking about a SanDisk USB 3.0 Extreme 190MB/s 16GB to boost the I/O)

2. Does Q1900-ITX support FDE (Full Disk Encryption) if i but in an SSD that supports it instead ?

Prethanks for the help and i'm happy to have found a place for some help without filling out a form with numbers i don't have.
    First, I'm curious about your problem getting a question answered. Is that just a support request form that is telling you the MB ID is wrong?

Booting from a USB 3.0 port, with a flash drive connected to a USB 3.0 port on the board's IO panel, should work. But I have noticed that the very first time a mother board is used, and no OS or drivers have been installed or used with the board, the USB 3.0 ports may not work correctly. I'm not completely sure why that is, but after an OS has booted at least once on the board, the USB 3.0 ports work fine.

I don't own or have ever used this board, so I cannot tell you with 100% certainty that the USB 3.0 ports will work booting an OS from a flash drive. I can tell you that other ASRock boards I have can install an OS from a USB 3.0 flash drive in a USB 3.0 port on the IO panel. But that is after one OS installation being done with the board, using the USB 2.0 ports.

I'm not sure what you mean by FDE. If you mean disk encryption that is supported by a drive and an OS, then that should work. If you are asking about a drive password that is set in the BIOS, then no, a drive password setting feature is not included in any ASRock BIOS I am aware of.

hakd is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    First, I'm curious about your problem getting a question answered. Is that just a support request form that is telling you the MB ID is wrong?

Booting from a USB 3.0 port, with a flash drive connected to a USB 3.0 port on the board's IO panel, should work. But I have noticed that the very first time a mother board is used, and no OS or drivers have been installed or used with the board, the USB 3.0 ports may not work correctly. I'm not completely sure why that is, but after an OS has booted at least once on the board, the USB 3.0 ports work fine.

I don't own or have ever used this board, so I cannot tell you with 100% certainty that the USB 3.0 ports will work booting an OS from a flash drive. I can tell you that other ASRock boards I have can install an OS from a USB 3.0 flash drive in a USB 3.0 port on the IO panel. But that is after one OS installation being done with the board, using the USB 2.0 ports.

I'm not sure what you mean by FDE. If you mean disk encryption that is supported by a drive and an OS, then that should work. If you are asking about a drive password that is set in the BIOS, then no, a drive password setting feature is not included in any ASRock BIOS I am aware of.
    FDE is a feature that you turn on in BIOS for SSD that does support it, Nothing to-do with the OS
    I thought that Asrock personal was here, i would like a good response from them

parsec is offline Senior Member

So sorry to have bothered you with my reply...

Thread Information