Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: B75m-itx build

Default B75m-itx build

Decided to use my i5-3570k from a tower PC and build another mitx. This will be in a true mitx case, SSF not matx using atx psu and GPU etc. case in mind is 197mm x 197mm and 80mm high,,,,,,,,,, so tight on room.
    1155 ITX boards at a decnt price are hard to find now, but found a B75m-itx which is fine for me 1 x sata6gb for boot, and will not miss raid. Will use 2 x evo, 120 boot and 250 data. one stick of Kingston Hyperx fury red @1600 x 8GB. PCI slot will not be used, graphics from intel HD are enough for my needs. PSU will be a Pico style 160 watt unit. I did a PCpartpicker build and it came out at 127 watt so the overhead should be OK. No gaming or overclocking intended on this .

I am using a similar build now, recently built, same case, with ASRock H97M-ITX/ac and 2 x Ripjaws 4gb, 120GB samsung evo and 1 TB tosh 2.5 HDD...........this runs fine.........and temps are great.I used very cheap cpu cooler that sits only 27mm high and is good for 65watts, and short bursts at up to 90w........... But obviously need a higher rated cooler for the i5 build...... this is always the hardest componento get right, it must be sub 24DB and sit inside the Intel spec footprint and of course the height is a very retricting factor.............about 45mm maximum. Any thoughts on this aspect welcome.

The case I use is the mini-sys s197 H80, although it may be the minisys H8 HTPC this time so I can use the onboard USB Very similar cases.

The only regrets moving from full tower to mitx will be letting the cases go. Lian-li PC60 with plain window, full set of lian li 5" bay vented covers and all parts of it present and correct in very nice condition, along with an Antec Solo mark 1 piano black, and last an Akasa Zen...........Plus letting go 2 x Seasonic PSUs, one semi fanless one fanless, both fully modular. Ah well, I suppose things move on.
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Seasonic EVO Bronze 520 semi fanless modular PSU
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. All in a TT Suppressor F1

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: B75m-itx build

The H77M-ITX would be a good choice too, if you could find one, at a decent price. Two SATA III ports, two SATA II, and RAID.

Your CPU cooler will be a bit of a challenge, given your noise level requirement. A PWM fan on the cooler would help adjust the fan speed down to a level you like.

I suggest looking at the Thermalright AXP-100 CPU cooler that is designed for ITX boards and builds:

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! Thermalright AXP-100

The AXP-200 is larger but of the same general design.

Default Re: B75m-itx build

Finding any 1155 itx mb part from h61 is a challenge.........and I am happy to try the same PC Cooling s85 that I have with the G3258 build.............the case will probably be the same and does not have good airflow but the cooler keeps everything in the high twenties low thirties temp wise and is very quiet. It has a max rating of 95watt so the 3570 at 77watt should be handled OK.If not then I will look again. Will look at your suggestions anyway, thanks.
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Seasonic EVO Bronze 520 semi fanless modular PSU
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. All in a TT Suppressor F1

Thread Information