Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Questions about compatibility with Asrock x99 Extreme 4 and Gigabyte GTX 980 OC. Help really needed.

Uros Stemberger is offline Junior Member

Question Questions about compatibility with Asrock x99 Extreme 4 and Gigabyte GTX 980 OC. Help really needed.

Hello guys.

I need your help.
    I have a new build with a GTX 980-OC and i'm having problems installing the drivers for it. With Windows 8.1 every time i try to install the drivers it restarts the system relatively at the same point. If i install from the safe mode, after restart it does not go to login screen and restarts the computer. When i install the drivers in Windows 7 and then restart the system it doesn't come back to them, i have to go to Safe Mode and uninstall the drivers. After Windows install, i first install all the drivers for the Motherboard and everything goes smoothly. I have tested my ram and it did 2 passes with no errors in memtest. Are there and issues known between Asrock and Gigabyte that are in my build that is known?

The specs of the computer are:

Asrock x99 Extreme 4 (MB)
    i7-5820k 3.3Ghz (CPU)
    Corsair H100i (Cooler)
    Crucial DDR4 - 4x8gb (RAM)
    Gigabyte GTX 980-OC (GPU)
    Crucial MX100 SSD 256GB
    Seagate SSHD 2000GB ( Not yet formatted )
    XFX P1-850B-BEFX 80+ Gold ( PSU )
    Corsair CC-9011049-WW Obsidian Series 450D Mid-Tower

BenQ GW2765HT (Display 1440p) Currently using only 1.

Thank you guys, your help will be really appreciated.
    I'm really stressed right now.
    Uros Stemberger

Uros Stemberger is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Questions about compatibility with Asrock x99 Extreme 4 and Gigabyte GTX 980 OC. Help really needed.

Ok guys... The problem was fault ram. 1 of the rams isn't working as it should. After reseating and testing the rem, running memtest for 7 hours with no showing of any errors, i finnaly found the one.

Thread Information