Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asrock x99 professional code 00(10 beeps)

marc4life22 is offline Junior Member

Default asrock x99 professional code 00(10 beeps)

Already RMA'd the motherboard. The BIOS got updated. Still getting code 00 and 10 short beeps. All the 24+8+4 power pins are connected. Tested with 1 stick of RAM and tried using a different GPU, nothing changed. Note. 1 out of 4 red CPU led displays.
    The system worked fine for one day until the screen started flickering, then I restarted the computer, and that was the end, the screen never came back on and now I'm getting code 00
    Attached Images Attached Images asrock x99 professional code 00(10 beeps)-dsc_0054-jpg 

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: asrock x99 professional code 00(10 beeps)

Normally a POST code of 00 is a CPU problem, but if something else basic fails, like memory, the CPU can't operate and you get the 00 code.

You posted a picture of the PSC LEDs POST Status Checker LEDs. This is from your board's manual:

asrock x99 professional code 00(10 beeps)-x99-prof-psc-png

Going by the order of the things in the tests, your memory is causing the problem (second LED is on.)

It seems you have two 16GB DIMMs. The Memory Support List for your board does not include any 16GB DIMMs, so they are probably not compatible with your system.

Since the memory controller is in the CPU, and the three Haswell E processors are the only models that use DDR4 memory at this time, I don't understand why all DDR4 memory is not compatible. The maximum memory capacity of your board is 128GB, which can only be matched with 16GB DIMMs. But this is not a reason to dismiss memory incompatibility, because it really seems that is the problem.

A UEFI/BIOS update might fix the memory problem. The latest UEFI for your board, 1.50, includes improved DRAM compatibility. What version are you using?

[QUOTE=parsec;496597]Normally a POST code of 00 is a CPU problem, but if something else basic fails, like memory, the CPU can't operate and you get the 00 code.

You posted a picture of the PSC LEDs POST Status Checker LEDs. This is from your board's manual:

asrock x99 professional code 00(10 beeps)-x99-prof-psc-png

Going by the order of the things in the tests, your memory is causing the problem (second LED is on.)

It seems you have two 16GB DIMMs. The Memory Support List for your board does not include any 16GB DIMMs, so they are probably not compatible with your system.

Since the memory controller is in the CPU, and the three Haswell E processors are the only models that use DDR4 memory at this time, I don't understand why all DDR4 memory is not compatible. The maximum memory capacity of your board is 128GB, which can only be matched with 16GB DIMMs. But this is not a reason to dismiss memory incompatibility, because it really seems that is the problem.

A UEFI/BIOS update might fix the memory problem. The latest UEFI for your board, 1.50, includes improved DRAM compatibility. What version are you using?

The 3rd CPU Led is on. I don't know the BIOS and UEFI versions and if so, how could I update them without the screen turning on?
    I checked the RAM list support on the asrock website and it matches the one i have. ADATA AX4U2800W4G17-QRZ

parsec is offline Senior Member

I guess that is the third LED that is on, hard to tell which way is up.

The third LED is a VGA error, meaning something to do with the video card. Can you test the video card in another PC? Given your description in the first post, about the screen flickering, it could be the video card.

Try another video card in the PC or test the card you have in another PC.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I guess that is the third LED that is on, hard to tell which way is up.

The third LED is a VGA error, meaning something to do with the video card. Can you test the video card in another PC? Given your description in the first post, about the screen flickering, it could be the video card.

Try another video card in the PC or test the card you have in another PC.
    I swapped it with my old gtx 650 ti, nothing changed

Thread Information