Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No optical drive available!

Default No optical drive available!

Hi...

I'm doing my first computer build and the mobo (H97M) says only about installing drivers from the CD that is provided.

Is there a way to install them via a USB stick or make an ISO of the disc and put that on a USB stick?

Or installing the drivers after the operating system has been installed...

May sound like a stupid question if you are of a technical mind, but I'm not!

Thanks for reading...

CSAsr84 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: No optical drive available!

I never used it myself but you can try the Easy driver installer option from inside UEFI bios (inside Tools menu) which according to manual downloads the LAN driver to a usb and after installation you can download all other drivers. Check manual page 80.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: No optical drive available!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Newman View Post
    Hi...

I'm doing my first computer build and the mobo (H97M) says only about installing drivers from the CD that is provided.

Is there a way to install them via a USB stick or make an ISO of the disc and put that on a USB stick?

Or installing the drivers after the operating system has been installed...

May sound like a stupid question if you are of a technical mind, but I'm not!

Thanks for reading...
    99% of drivers are installed after the OS has been installed, that is how it is done normally.

You install Windows, let it boot for the first time, and then install drivers.

If you will be using RAID as the SATA mode, you can install the special pre-installation RAID driver just before Windows starts the installation, but that is not required for an Intel system if you are using Windows 7 or newer versions.

All of the drivers and utility programs are available for download from your board's download page. This is the Windows 7 page:

ASRock > H97M

If you are wondering if you need all of those files, the answer is no, unless you want to install every possible feature and option your board provides.

Which ones do you need? Depends on what other hardware you have (video card?) and what you plan to do with the PC.

Thread Information