<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I should like to revisit the thread started last week under the heading Conroe 1333-D677 loses audio“ I now have 3 Conroe 1333-D667 R!.0 machines. All three are trying to run Pinnacle Studio 15 on a Windows XP Pro 32 bit platform. The problem occurs in the Importer.exe process where a video tape is imported to an avi file and whilst being imported there is a monitor which gives video and audio output of the tape being imported. All machines lose output to the audio socket at random intervals from the start of import. This does not happen when I use an HP Pro 3015 PC using Windows XP Pro 32 bit, which has similar specifications including an onboard audio system with Realtek HD audio driver. The main difference is an AMD CPU and chipset versus an Intel one.


All three machines have been run with 1.6Ghz, 2.4Ghz and 2.66Ghz CPU’s with 2 Gb or 4 Gb DDR2 memory of 533 and 667 matched pairs in dual channel mode. Each machine loses audio to the output socket at a random interval from start. Once the video capture has been stopped, the audio returns to the output socket, to support the continuing video in the monitor. Each machine has a separate video card, so there is no memory sharing for video output and I have substituted a cheap audio card for the onboard Realtek HD system but the audio dropout persists. I have tried the Realtek driver linked from the AS Rock website and also a more up to date version but both suffer the same dropout. There is no question of component failure – all 3 machines are consistent in the dropout. The task manager shows a page of 980Mb to 1050Mb, and processor usage on the faster CPU of around 40%.


I have posed the question as to whether an up to date Bios might solve the problem – all are on 1.00. I have also asked whether there is a relevant chipset driver update – I have been prompted by AVG that my Intel drivers are out of date but have not been able to update these drivers from the downloads available from Intel.

I do not give up easily. You may have seen from my other post that I have had 2 of the boards go dumb on me and I have recovered them by careful reseating of CPU and RAM, and countless clearbios restarts. There has to be a solution to this problem. I would be grateful for advice.
<!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->