Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow

Default SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow

OK, maybe not slow, but no-where near the speed I was expecting:

Certainly no-where near what I've seen in reviews.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this, and how I can push the speeds up to what I've been seeing in the reviews? Any guide to the best BIOS settings?

freakingawesome is offline Junior Member

Default Re: SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow

yeah, it's definitely nowhere near the actual performance, did u use the ultra m.2 port? 'cause one of my friends bought the same one and it should look like this

SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow-1-png

besides, u don't have to tweak any settings anywhere to achieve what u saw, this is what sm951 is meant to be per se

Red face Re: SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow

Quote Originally Posted by freakingawesome View Post
    yeah, it's definitely nowhere near the actual performance, did u use the ultra m.2 port? 'cause one of my friends bought the same one and it should look like this

SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow-1-png

besides, u don't have to tweak any settings anywhere to achieve what u saw, this is what sm951 is meant to be per se
    LOL, my first reaction when reading this was "wait, there's a difference between the ports?"

In my (admittedly flimsy) defense, I was just trying to keep it from being directly underneath my GFX card.

Looking much better now, thank you so much!:
    SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow-jpg

Still a bit of headroom it looks like - if you have any hints on getting that extra 20% out they'd be most welcome

freakingawesome is offline Junior Member

Default Re: SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow

well, maybe u can try the benchmark software from the snapshot above, but actually i don't think there's anything wrong with ur new score, here's the comparison result:

SM951 on ASRock Z97 Extreme6 - boots, but running slow-1-jpg

if u still insist, u can try changing the "PCIE2 LINK SPEED" to GEN 3 from default "AUTO", and update (or should i say downgrade) ur bios to "1.71", anyway, just suggestions here, no any effects guaranteed, last but not least, u don't have to be so obsessed with the test result, it's just made for fun to some extent, and trust me, u won't feel a thing during ur daily use, so u have nothing worried about as long as the quality goes fine!

Thread Information