Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asrock z97 extreme 9 + sm951 256 GB m.2

Kelxin is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Asrock z97 extreme 9 + sm951 256 GB m.2

Quote Originally Posted by pete333 View Post
    Hi

I am looking to purchase this board (z97 extreme 9) and specifically want to know if it is possible to raid 2 x m.2 SM951 cards on this board to get even faster configuration, or do I need to go for the x99 Extreme 11?

Thanks

Peter

You would need the X99 Extreme 11 to have 2 of the Ultra M.2 slots as the Z97 only has 1 Ultra and 1 standard M.2 slot.

From this though, you can also see the support level from AsRock. I've had emails sitting out to them for weeks without a reply.

Dear Kelxin,

Due to SM951 is PCIE type SSD device.
    Referring to Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver data sheet, it do not support RAID mode with PCIE device.

It need Intel® RST driver after 14.0 version or above to support PCIE type SSD of NVMe and RAID.
    After Intel official release latest Intel® RST driver for Z97 or X99 platform, we will further test and add it to our website.

Thanks for your question.
    ASRock TSD
    EDDY

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear Kelxin,

Due to SM951 is PCIE type SSD device.
    Referring to Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver data sheet, it do not support RAID mode with PCIE device.

It need Intel® RST driver after 14.0 version or above to support PCIE type SSD of NVMe and RAID.
    After Intel official release latest Intel® RST driver for Z97 or X99 platform, we will further test and add it to our website.

Thanks for your question.
    ASRock TSD
    EDDY

Hey Eddy,

Is ASRock going to ever answer back the e-mail that I sent to tech support on the 20th of June? My issue posted above STILL isn't resolved.

And to add to what you said, it may not support "hardware" RAID, or in this case "fake RAID", but you can still do a software RAID in either windows or linux.

Just as an update for everyone on this, it has now been over three months, and still no word from ASRock back on the bios issues supporting UEFI booting from external storage that the PC see's as a hard drive. Beyond that I have also seen that this issue has now spread beyond the Extreme 9, and has been integrated into every new ASRock bios so that their entire line of boards has the same problem.

Good work ASRock! (Sarcasm)

ginomjolnir is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear bittoliquido,

I'm ASRock HQ Eddy_Huang
    Please update below link of Z97 Extreme9 BIOS L1.52, this BIOS have update Samsung SM951 compatibility.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing
    We will also update and put this version BIOS on our website recently.

If have any question, please feel free to contact us.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy.

hi, i know this is an old thread, but i have the same issue, except i am using a z97 fatality killer, and i am wondering if this bios update can be used on my z97 killer, i currently have the latest update 2.20

Quote Originally Posted by ginomjolnir View Post
    hi, i know this is an old thread, but i have the same issue, except i am using a z97 fatality killer, and i am wondering if this bios update can be used on my z97 killer, i currently have the latest update 2.20

It most certainly can NOT be flashed on your motherboard, you will brick it if you force flash it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelxin View Post
    It most certainly can NOT be flashed on your motherboard, you will brick it if you force flash it.
    Thats right, dont do that.

And Kelxin, you are absolutely right about UEFI version greater v1.14 bricks UEFI-USB support.
    I already thought its just my board and Asrock-support was not lying... but they were.

I informed Asrock one year ago that UEFI 1.30 bricked those functionality.
    See here: Attention: Z97 Extreme 9 Update 1.30 broke UEFI-boot

Asrock answered that they cannot reproduce this... funny is that i still cannot reproduce getting USB-UEFI devices listed ever since... and ive already installed 1.90. SAME PROCEDURE.

The good thing is that a post update brought functionality for UEFI-CD/DVD so XP941 and SM951 users are no more forced to downgrade to 1.14 to get USB stick-setup started.... because we can now just use our CDS with CSM activated and all set legacy, just fire up the windows setup, clean the correspondend disk and create new partition with all space. windows-setup then creates 100mb EFI-partition +128MB unallocated and we can finally click to start the installation on our M2-Ultra.

I wonder why Asrock does not recognise this. Shame on Asrock. Actually i encounter unextected shutdown on high SLI-load... Im going to RMA my Enermax Platimax 1350W and take a two week break from gamin until it arrives. If they found the PSU allright, i return this board in to Asrock, because the GPUs are fine and the board has problems with PCIe-Modes... no UEFI-setttings for that... also barely none for ASPM.

BTW: Have you tried with <32GB USB-Stick? UEFI-USB on this board seems to have limitations in the >1.14 versions.
    Last edited by Incriminated; 01-03-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information