Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 CPU support

Rafail90 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 CPU support

Hello, i want to buy this AM2+ motherboard (ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2) and i possess an AMD Athlon x2 7750 AM2+ CPU. However, this cpu is missing from motherboard cpu support list.
    Could this be false information in cpu support list, or that the motherboard can't support this proccessor?
    Thanks.

parsec is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ALiveN570SLI-eSATA2 CPU support

Most of the specs of the Athlon x2 7750 are the same as the other AM2+ processors in the CPU support list. Both are compatible with the AMD "Cartwheel" platform, and have the same CPUID. The buss speed and TDP are compatible.

But one difference I see that may be the problem is the channel width of the memory controller. The Athlon x2 7750 has a memory controller channel width of 64 bits, while the other AM2+ processors in the list have a 72 bit memory controller channel width.

AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition - AD775ZWCJ2BGH / AD775ZWCGHBOX

AMD Phenom X4 9750 - HD9750WCJ4BGH / HD9750WCGHBOX

I'm not sure if that is the compatibility difference. The Athlon x2 7750 was introduced later (12/2008) than the other AM2+ processors, and may need a different CPU microcode that is part of the BIOS. The last BIOS update for this board was 4/2008, so it won't have the correct CPU microcode, IF it is needed.

The compatibility issue might also be related to the Nvidia chipset used on this board.

Hello
    Sorry, I don't want to help; I am interested to know what was your inspiration to choosing this board?

parsec is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
    Hello
    Sorry, I don't want to help; I am interested to know what was your inspiration to choosing this board?
    I would be very surprised if this board was available new anywhere in the world, from a retailer. I assume it is a used board or at best never used and being sold by a private party. It was released over seven years ago (2008.)

The OP's inspiration is probably finding a cheap used board that might be useable with a processor he has that is not being used.

Quote Originally Posted by parsec View Post
    I would be very surprised if this board was available new anywhere in the world, from a retailer. I assume it is a used board or at best never used and being sold by a private party. It was released over seven years ago (2008.)

The OP's inspiration is probably finding a cheap used board that might be useable with a processor he has that is not being used.
    Thank you. Much likely that's true.

Thread Information