Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: orange jack not working with 5.1 sound




  1. #1
    Wedge85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4

    Angry orange jack not working with 5.1 sound

    I am trying to run Analog 5.1 channel audio on my PC. I open up realtek HD Audio Manager and I set it to 5.1 speaker configuration. I plug the front speakers into the green jack and they work fine. Realtek recognizes they are plugged in. I plug the rear speakers into the black jack and they also work fine and realtek recognizes they are plugged in. When I plug the sub/center speak into the orange jack I get no sound and realtek does not recognize the jack is plugged in. I know my wire and my speakers work because I can switch the plugs around and receive the rear or front speaker sounds out of my sub and center speakers. The speakers only do not work when plugged into the orange jack on the mobo.

    What I have tried:
    I have downloaded the latest bios and drivers from ASRock's website. I have done a fresh install of the OS. I have also RMA'd the motherboard and the new mobo has the same issue. I have gone to Realteks website and downloaded the driver from there, but it was the same one as the driver i received from ASRock.

    System specs:
    OS:Win8.1 Pro with media center 64bit
    Mobo: H97M Pro4
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4160
    Graphics: Onboard (Intel 4400HD)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
    Speakers:Acoustic Audio AA5817
    PSU:CORSAIR CX series CX500 500w
    SSD:Kingston SSDNow V+100 SVP100S2/96G

    Thank you for your help. I am out of ideas so any thoughts would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: orange jack not working with 5.1 sound

    Dear Wedge85,

    Please kindly refer below link of user manual page 8 & 9 to install correct audio header of 5.1 sound then we suggest to try below suggestion for verify.
    http://download.asrock.com/manual/H97M%20Pro4.pdf
    1.Test with other 5.1 sound device for verify.
    2.Test this 5.1 sound device to other system for further verify.
    3.Adjust the sound setting on realtek control panel for try.

    Thanks.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy

  3. #3
    Wedge85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: orange jack not working with 5.1 sound

    Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear Wedge85,

    Please kindly refer below link of user manual page 8 & 9 to install correct audio header of 5.1 sound then we suggest to try below suggestion for verify.
    http://download.asrock.com/manual/H97M%20Pro4.pdf
    1.Test with other 5.1 sound device for verify.
    2.Test this 5.1 sound device to other system for further verify.
    3.Adjust the sound setting on realtek control panel for try.

    Thanks.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    After following your advice I had determined that it was definitely the motherboard (and not me). The connections were made correctly. I was able to use the 5.1 system on a different pc and I could not get another system to work on the motherboard in question. I had already exhausted the settings in realtek HD audio manager as well. I finally decided to try using a different audio driver from realtek's website so I uninstalled the current driver that was downloaded from ASrock website. To my amazement, the basic windows audio driver worked fine after the computer restarted and loaded the standard audio driver.

    DO NOT download the audio driver from ASrock's website. It does not function properly.

    Now that it is working it seems to be a good little mobo. I'm a little unhappy with the first ASUS rep who recomended I RMA my first board now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: orange jack not working with 5.1 sound

    Dear Wedge85,

    Thanks for you information and feedback.
    We glad you have solved this symptom.

    Generally, we didn't faced others user have similar 5.1audio problem.
    Could you provide your audio driver version for us to check.
    We will feedback the information to our team and put the latest Realtek audio driver version to our website.

    ASRock TSD
    Eddy

  5. #5
    Wedge85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: orange jack not working with 5.1 sound

    Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear Wedge85,

    Thanks for you information and feedback.
    We glad you have solved this symptom.

    Generally, we didn't faced others user have similar 5.1audio problem.
    Could you provide your audio driver version for us to check.
    We will feedback the information to our team and put the latest Realtek audio driver version to our website.

    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Current working Driver # (installed by windows):
    Driver provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 08/22/2013
    Driver Version: 6.3.960016384
    Digitial Signer: Microsoft Windows

    Malfunctioning driver found on ASrock website:
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7004 x64 Edition

    It is worth mentioning that I was able to use Stereo and Quadratic sound using the Realtek driver.

  6. #6
    Wedge85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: orange jack not working with 5.1 sound

    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge85 View Post
    Current working Driver # (installed by windows):
    Driver provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 08/22/2013
    Driver Version: 6.3.960016384
    Digitial Signer: Microsoft Windows

    Malfunctioning driver found on ASrock website:
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7004 x64 Edition

    It is worth mentioning that I was able to use Stereo and Quadratic sound using the Realtek driver.
    It was pointed out to me from another forum that the driver from ASrock website and the driver from realtek's website are different versions. I tried both without any succsess if that helps. The driver on realteks website is R2.79. The other user said it was 7541 but I don't know where he got that number unless he installed it and looked after. Sorry but I don't fell like installing another driver when the one I have one that works fine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •