Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?

JohnnyGui is offline Junior Member

Default Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?

Good day to you all,

Sorry if this has been asked a lot of times but I really wanted to know if there's any idea or confirmation from Asrock on releasing Windows 10 drivers for Z77 motherboards, specifically mine which is the Z77 Pro4.

I can see in the motherboards list on Asrock's website that all the Z77, H77, H61 en B75 motherboard series don't have drivers for Windows 10. They're all gathered in 1 table, while all the mobo's in the tables above do have Windows 10 drivers, which makes me think there's a chance Asrock will ignore my motherboard from now on.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?

Dear JohnnyGui,

I'm ASRock Technical support dept Eddy.
    Referring to Z77 Pro4 motherboard specification this board can support below list of OS:
    - Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 32-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit / Vista™ 32-bit / Vista™ 64-bit / XP 32-bit / XP 64-bit

If install other OS, please understand the driver is depends on chipset vendor.
    Assume install windows10 OS on this model, please use inbox driver.
    If have any driver update, we will put it on our website:
    ASRock > Z77 Pro4
    However, we still recommend to choose the OS supported by this model for better using experience and driver support.

Best wishes
    Eddy
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 08-03-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear JohnnyGui,

I'm ASRock Technical support dept Eddy.
    Referring to Z77 Pro4 motherboard specification this board can support below list of OS:
    - Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 32-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit / Vista™ 32-bit / Vista™ 64-bit / XP 32-bit / XP 64-bit

If install other OS, please understand the driver is depends on chipset vendor.
    Assume install windows10 OS on this model, please use inbox driver.
    If have any driver update, we will put it on our website:
    ASRock > Z77 Pro4
    However, we still recommend to choose the OS supported by this model for better using experience and driver support.

Best wishes
    Eddy

Does that mean there will be no Windows 10 drivers by Asrock for the Z77 Pro4 in the future?
    Last edited by JohnnyGui; 08-03-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Joe-912 is offline Member

I think it's called Planned obsolescence
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

SandsOfTime is offline Member

You can expect Windows 10 to have the drivers for such common hardware as a Z77 motherboard included. Otherwise look here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Dear JohnnyGui,

We have made a micro site for Window 10 supported models.
    Please refer to the information of drivers and BIOS version from the link : ASRock Windows 10

For other models which are not on the list, please use Windows 10 inbox driver first.
    If any further question, please contact us by ASRock Support Page: ASRock > Support Request Form

ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear JohnnyGui,

We have made a micro site for Window 10 supported models.
    Please refer to the information of drivers and BIOS version from the link : ASRock Windows 10

For other models which are not on the list, please use Windows 10 inbox driver first.
    If any further question, please contact us by ASRock Support Page: ASRock > Support Request Form

ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    I understand that I'd have to use the Windows 10 inbox drivers since the Z77 is not shown in the list you provided. My question is if there WILL be Windows 10 drivers provided by Asrock itself for the Z77 in the future or not.

No one who has an idea on this?

Britgeezer is offline Member

If you are looking for a specific Yes or No - Eddy says to use the supplied W10 drivers = No.
    If there is a specific issue reported that might be attributed to Asrock implementation of the MB vs. the reference Z77 MB they might reconsider later but for now you should assume the W10 drivers will be your best fit.

To be fair, Intel and MB drivers are normally not much different, and Hopefully MS has done a reasonable job on generic component drivers, (they did for W7) it will probably be the older peripherals that create any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    If you are looking for a specific Yes or No - Eddy says to use the supplied W10 drivers = No.
    If there is a specific issue reported that might be attributed to Asrock implementation of the MB vs. the reference Z77 MB they might reconsider later but for now you should assume the W10 drivers will be your best fit.

To be fair, Intel and MB drivers are normally not much different, and Hopefully MS has done a reasonable job on generic component drivers, (they did for W7) it will probably be the older peripherals that create any problems.
    He also said that if there's any driver update, it will be posted on the Pro4 Z77 download page, so it's still not very clear to me. However, seeing how all newer mobos are immediately updated, I think they'll pass this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information