Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock z170 extreme 6 debug code 62

Default Asrock z170 extreme 6 debug code 62

Hi everyone,

I have just tried to build my first computer following lots of guides and videos online and have come across a problem.

I have an Asrock z170 Extreme motherboard with the new skylake i7-6700k cpu. After building the system and swiching on the first time, the Dr.Debugger code reads 62.

In the manual it says '61-91' chipset initialization error. Please reset or clear CMOS.

I have tried both several times but nothing. It goes straight back to 62.

Any help at all would be great.

Joe-912 is offline Member

Default Re: Asrock z170 extreme 6 debug code 62

Please list all your spec, in detail and bios version, Psu ,include memory make and model and which slots are populated.
    And you should get some help soon
    Last edited by Joe-912; 08-25-2015 at 05:10 PM.
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Dear Th3BlackW0lf,

Please provide your full system configuration for us to verify.
    As current information, please try the suggestion as below:
    1.Please refer user manual page22 remove power core and use jumper to clear CMOS for try.http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z170%20Extreme6.pdf
    2.Remove other device on this board and test with basic device environment to verify.
    3.Reinstall memory for try.

If any please feel free to let me know.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy

DPhoenix is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear Th3BlackW0lf,

Please provide your full system configuration for us to verify.
    As current information, please try the suggestion as below:
    1.Please refer user manual page22 remove power core and use jumper to clear CMOS for try.http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z170%20Extreme6.pdf
    2.Remove other device on this board and test with basic device environment to verify.
    3.Reinstall memory for try.

If any please feel free to let me know.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Dear ASRock TSD-Eddy,

I am having the Dr. Debug code 62 on my motherboard ASRock PS67 Extreme4 Gen3 and 1 beep every 30 seconds or so.

As reffered by you in the topic below I removed the power core but used the Clear CMOS Switch instead to clear the CMOS. According to the manual this does the same as using the jumper to clear the CMOS. I also pulled out the CMOS battery for 30 seconds and reseated the memory.

The actions above didn't solve the problem. Please advice.

Asrock z170 extreme 6 debug code 62

Kind Regards,

DPhoenix

Joe-912 is offline Member

Please list all your system spec, Memory make and model number, PSU Make wattage ect, do you have a graphics card installed? what cooler, list all your spec

need d info,
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Thread Information