Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings

sebastian869 is offline Junior Member

Default Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings

Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
    I need to do a clean install of OS. My problem is that unlike other companies hardware/drivers i cant seem to find updates for asmedia for LAN nor SATA drivers for my life. Nothing on their site and on asrock site all they care about is new hardware they leave 1 yrl old MOBOs alone. The only difference this time was win 10 but there are no updates for asmedia there. I only have one SSD connected to SATA3_0 then WD 1G connected to SATA3_3 and blu ray at SATA3_1 (Plz correct me if im wrong but those are none asmedia nor do i have anything connected in back to the asmedia just intel USB3). In that case i simply not install asmedia anyways or should i do so?
    I see updates on other site like station driver and necacom.net to name a few, but I dont know if they are trust worthy and clean. Obviously you dont need to update each time but over a couple of years im sure you do. I dont understand how the sites have newer version nor where they get them but im sure an update after a year or two makes sense.

P.S. Do you need to install the asmedia drivers at the point of installing a fresh copy of windows 7? Is it best to go with win 7 or 10 at this point?

Thanks

MOBO: Asrock Z97 extreme6
    Memory: 16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A2133C10 (SPD Latency 9-9-9-24, SPD Speed 1333MHz, SPD Voltage 1.5V. Speed Rating PC3-17066 (2133MHz), Tested Latency 10-11-11-31, Tested Speed 2133Mhz, Tested Voltage 1.5V)
    HDs: Samsung 850 Pro SSD MZ-7KE256BW, Western Digital VelociRaptor WD 1000DHTZ 1TB 10,000 R.P.M. 64MB Cache SATA 6
    PSU: Corsair HXi 1000i (CP-9020074) 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 Plus Platinum
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Water/Liquid Cooler-240mm Radiator
    Blu-Ray/DVD Burner: BH16NS40 16X BD-R Write capability. Read & Write Quad, Triple, Double Layer BD-R Disks.
    Monitor: BenQ XL2420T (TX Has the 3D receiver and glasses) Using DisplayPort
    Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5
    REPLACEMENT GPU(After broken 780ti KEEP ALL PARTS OF BOX till your certain board works before RMA lost 400):
    EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 Super clocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0 (This is the one I got now)

Default Re: Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings

The SATA ports beginning SATA3_Ax are the ASMedia ASM1061 controlled ones. This controller is also responsible for the E-Sata port at the rear.

At the rear, the lowest two USB3 ports that reside directly above the audio jacks are controlled by the ASMedia ASM1042AE USB3 controller.

That said, do you absolutely have to install the ASMedia drivers? No. If you won't have a use/need of those ports. Simply wait till ASMedia releases Win10 drivers, then install them.

BTW, drivers are rolled by the specific hardware manufacturers, NOT Asrock. Yea, sure. It takes Asrock some time to post availability to the MB's drivers pages once and finally they have been made available. I'll give ya that. Have you looked at Intel's or Realtek's site/pages for Win10 drivers? That's where I'd be looking first.

Finally, to your PS. These drivers, if WinX didn't use OOTB drivers during the OS install you do need, assuming you need their functionality, to install them AFTER the OS has completed installing itself.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    The SATA ports beginning SATA3_Ax are the ASMedia ASM1061 controlled ones. This controller is also responsible for the E-Sata port at the rear.

At the rear, the lowest two USB3 ports that reside directly above the audio jacks are controlled by the ASMedia ASM1042AE USB3 controller.

That said, do you absolutely have to install the ASMedia drivers? No. If you won't have a use/need of those ports. Simply wait till ASMedia releases Win10 drivers, then install them.

BTW, drivers are rolled by the specific hardware manufacturers, NOT Asrock. Yea, sure. It takes Asrock some time to post availability to the MB's drivers pages once and finally they have been made available. I'll give ya that. Have you looked at Intel's or Realtek's site/pages for Win10 drivers? That's where I'd be looking first.

Finally, to your PS. These drivers, if WinX didn't use OOTB drivers during the OS install you do need, assuming you need their functionality, to install them AFTER the OS has completed installing itself.
    thx, yeah like u said most have been updated (like i said asrock just post them most tards keep telling me go to asrock and post link as if thats so hard. For some reason asmedia does not seem to allow updates for their hardware off their site. Ive been waiting like u said but at this point i doubt their coming. What really annoys me are site that seem to show newer then newer then "modern" dated but feels like crap scam.

thx

Sebastion,

Go HERE and take a peek. You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you see under "ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:2.0.8.0.

Also, you'll want the other, ASMedia USB 3.0 driver ver:1.16.15.0, listed on this same page. I've read that the ASMedia Win8.1 driver install and work fine in Win10.

NOTE: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FIRST UNINSTALL YOUR CURRENT ASMEDIA DRIVERS, THEN REBOOT BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Sebastion,

Go HERE and take a peek. You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you see under "ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:2.0.8.0.

Also, you'll want the other, ASMedia USB 3.0 driver ver:1.16.15.0, listed on this same page. I've read that the ASMedia Win8.1 driver install and work fine in Win10.

NOTE: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FIRST UNINSTALL YOUR CURRENT ASMEDIA DRIVERS, THEN REBOOT BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. iVE MANAGED TO FIND drivers from asus which have 3.1.6.0 from the z97 deluxe as usual asrock has nothing. Dont get why its soo hard to get asmedia stuff. Why they dont allow updates or if they do i dont know how to find any.

forgot to ask, do i have to install drivers for the asmedia (ASMedia ASM1061 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gbs) and (ASMedia ASM1042AE (2xUSB_3.0)) which is what i have on the z97 extreme 6 if im about to do a clean install prob 10 though not sure how much it matters over win 7 and im gonna try to not use any asmedia USB as 4 are intel who does update as u know but i dont know if i can do so on the SATA?

p.s. and ive noticed that there are no asrock drivers for win 10 for SATA or USB.

Thanks,
    Sebastian

You got a very good driver database right here in Tweaktown!!

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

It says Gigabyte, but most are universal drivers
    CPU: 6600k@4.6GHZ|| Corsair 780T
    Mainboard: Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6: 1.70
    Mem: G-Skill RipJaws V Black 3200Mhz
    Video: Asus R9290-4GD5-WC || Samsung 275T+ 27"
    HDD: Sandisk Extreme 250GB SDD + 3x Samung F3 1TB RAID5
    Sound: Asus Xonar D2/PM
    PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W
    Cooling: Custom WaterCooled

Quote Originally Posted by Thorak View Post
    You got a very good driver database right here in Tweaktown!!

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

It says Gigabyte, but most are universal drivers

you are right as can be, everything is here my problem is locating it just as an example how do i locate (ASMedia ASM1042AE USB 3.0 v1.16.15.0 4/8/2014) i just using that as reference as i have newer as i stated from asus. I just dont know how to search on this site for newer stuff( and do u trust it, as in do u put in on your main PC as there seem to be a good amt of "played with" drivers.) how do u sort that out personally, Is there a way to narrow down search for all stuff for asrock z97 extreme 6 for ex?

Thanks,
    Sebastian

My bad.
    I thought that on the list there would be some ASmedia drivers, but I was wrong.
    But you can get here some fresh USB # drivers and here the latest sata drivers.

Hope it helps
    CPU: 6600k@4.6GHZ|| Corsair 780T
    Mainboard: Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6: 1.70
    Mem: G-Skill RipJaws V Black 3200Mhz
    Video: Asus R9290-4GD5-WC || Samsung 275T+ 27"
    HDD: Sandisk Extreme 250GB SDD + 3x Samung F3 1TB RAID5
    Sound: Asus Xonar D2/PM
    PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W
    Cooling: Custom WaterCooled

Quote Originally Posted by Thorak View Post
    My bad.
    I thought that on the list there would be some ASmedia drivers, but I was wrong.
    But you can get here some fresh USB # drivers and here the latest sata drivers.

Hope it helps
    I appreciate the help but SD makes me iffy, Id rather go on asus site for ex and dl the drivers from there at least i know theres not virus or god know these day (that nsa managed to get its code on HD firmware with out anyone complaining). As usual though my luck blows as right as i got my MOBO asrock z97 extreme6 usb3.1 came out so now im not sure if "newer" drivers work on the 3.0 and i dont get why asmedia dont allow dl from their site.

ASMedia ASM1042AE USB 3.0 v1.16.15.0 4/8/2014

ASMedia ASM1061 SATA3 v2.0.8.0 4/8/2014

All i wanted was updates to the 2 chips.

Take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information