Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock E3C226D2I + GeForce GT610 and IPMI problem

Unhappy ASRock E3C226D2I + GeForce GT610 and IPMI problem

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the ASRock E3C226D2I motherboard. I chose this specific MB because a) I was building a new home NAS + HTPC (Kodi), b) it had IPMI so if I needed to do something I could log in remotely.

However, there seems to be a weird issue with how the IPMI works, as in - it only works if the primary video card is set to onboard VGA in BIOS. If it's set to PCI Express - which is what I desire, I seem to not be able to use IPMI anymore. I can control power, mount remote CD / ISO image but I cannot see anything.

If I set the primary video to on-board, then I can see everything through IPMI and on the VGA port *but* the VGA port is the default output and not the HDMI port on my GeForce card.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before / could help please?

Regards, Bart

Default Re: ASRock E3C226D2I + GeForce GT610 and IPMI problem

Quote Originally Posted by bart613 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently bought the ASRock E3C226D2I motherboard. I chose this specific MB because a) I was building a new home NAS + HTPC (Kodi), b) it had IPMI so if I needed to do something I could log in remotely.

However, there seems to be a weird issue with how the IPMI works, as in - it only works if the primary video card is set to onboard VGA in BIOS. If it's set to PCI Express - which is what I desire, I seem to not be able to use IPMI anymore. I can control power, mount remote CD / ISO image but I cannot see anything.

If I set the primary video to on-board, then I can see everything through IPMI and on the VGA port *but* the VGA port is the default output and not the HDMI port on my GeForce card.

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before / could help please?

Regards, Bart
    Hi Bart,

Video that is streamed over to JViewer via IPMI needs to be processed by the onboard VGA chipset ASpeed AST2300. If your video output is defaulted to the discrete PCIe video card, such video signal can't be passed through to the JViewer. Please contact me at william@asrockamerica.com for a specifically made BIOS to make this otherwise possible. Thank you!

Thread Information