Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Beebox N3150 - WIFI problem

Default Asrock Beebox N3150 - WIFI problem

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and new owner of Beebox N3150. I installed 2,5 HDD (250Gb) an 2x4Gb Cruial ddr3 ram.
    I have installed Windows 7 (later I tryed Windows 10) both x64.
    My problem is wifi. When connected to my Asus WL-500 with dd-wrt (because of multicast) in get very very slow upload & download speed. On my laptop or phone my DL speed in over 10Mb, UL is around 8Mb.
    On beebox best resoults are DL less then 2Mb, UL under 1Mb. Tryed under Win 7 & 10 same resoults. Driver in up to date.

Any ideas?

TNX to all.

p.s.: sorry for my bad english

Default Re: Asrock Beebox N3150 - WIFI problem

I'm experiencing the same problems with an N3150, setup is 128GB SSD, 2 x 4GB RAM, Windows 10. I can barely run a speed test on the beebox, the connection is so slow. If I can run a test I get about 0.2Mb on the beebox but I get about 13Mb on my phone at the same location. I would be keen to hear of any potential fixes too.

Additionally I seem to have problems with using a Bluetooth keyboard, only works from about 60cm away from the Beebox. Not much use!

Other than the fact that I can't get online and I can't type the Beebox is great!!!!!!

Dear wickedboy & massive_chris,

Hello,
    The 2.4g WiFi signal and speed may related with other device such as bluetooth, USB device etc.
    For this case, we would recommend to change WiFi mode to 5G band for try.
    So it doesn’t interfere with BT device or others.

If problem still remains, please feel free to let me know.
    Thank you very much.

Best wishes
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 12-01-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post

Hello,
    The 2.4g WiFi signal and speed may related with other device such as bluetooth, USB device etc.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Hi, same problems with an N3150, 180GB SSD, 2 x 4GB RAM. The Router is a DSL55 by Asus. Tried both with 2.4 and 5Ghz, Wpa-Personal, Wpa2, also without encryption, but it is Always the same.
    Often no connection when I switch on the nuc. Sometimes the connection is ok but no internet, sometimes everything works, but the minipc is slow, very slow even if doing operation not web related.
    I've tried to connect by NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter used on my Sky Decoder (Amazon.com: NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter - Manufacturer Refurbished: Computers & Accessories).
    I turn on the Beebox and wifi is perfectly on, Internet is ok and all the system is fast, really fast. So I think there is an hardware or driver problem! :)
    I am thinking to return back the Beebox, because I am using it as Media Box in Dining Room, no internet connection, no mediabox!

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post

Hello,

Thank you very much.

Best wishes
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Thanks for the response ASRock TSD-Eddy, my SKY router doesn't have a 5G setting, this wasn't mentioned as a specific issue with the Beebox so I wasn't concerned about it when I bought it. I don't really want to have to buy a new router and go through the issues of trying to set it up for my tied down SKY broadband connection just to check if it is a problem, Is this a known issue with the Beebox? If so, similar to Harrycustom I wouldn't have bought the Beebox for my "hidden behind the television" media centre in the first place!

Also do you know of the issues I mentioned with wireless devices? I've tried two wireless keyboards and a bluetooth keyboard and none of them work properly with the beebox without a clear line of sight from about 1m away. Again this isn't much use for a hidden media centre for my living room.
    Regards
    Chris

Hi, i've asked support to Amazon, and they have send me another Beebox, and I've returned the other one.
    Now the situation is better, the wifi is weak and a bit slow but stable.
    I've noticed that disabling Windows Firewall it is a good thing and I've installed not the previous wifi driver and the situation seems to be decent, but not good. Every time i start the pc i have to wait 2 minutes to connect to internet.
    I think that the wifi antenna of Beebox is not as good as the other components and I've red that to much users in this forum and other wrote about this issue (using Windows, Openelec and Linux too), so Asrock do something! :)

I've also noticed that the Beebox I've sent to Amazon had a component, I think the wifi antenna, with its adhesive surface not glued to the chassis. I've hung up it but wifi it was acceptable.
    I've red other users had the same problem...

Hi Guys, just finished to set up my N3150 + 16GB + 250SSD + Win10

The Beebox seems working fine, except the internet browsing (I'm using Chrome but same on Edge.....)
    Its really slowly to charge any page, even very simple ones like Google Home or News.....
    When I click anything it takes seconds to open it....
    The same news from Google news list: N3150=8,70 seconds i7-3650=3,2 seconds
    Another one: N3150=5,1 seconds i7-3650=2 seconds

So I did many test (even change RAM sticks brand) and finally I was thinking the problem is WiFi.
    I also tried to use and external USB WiFi receiver (just a small one without antenna) but same.

The strange thing is that when I run a SpeedTest (even if it takes long time to open the SpeedTest page) the test runs normal like my other computers about Down 6-7 and Up 0,8 Ping 29
    The processor never goes more than 25/30% and RAM much below that percentage.

I still have to make an important test, I will do it as soon as possible, to connect by Ethernet cable.....
    I will update you guys about this last test....

But for now does anyone experience this?
    Is it only my feeling because I'm usually using a PC with i7-3650 processor?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpi View Post
    Hi Guys, just finished to set up my N3150 + 16GB + 250SSD + Win10

I still have to make an important test, I will do it as soon as possible, to connect by Ethernet cable.....
    I will update you guys about this last test....

But for now does anyone experience this?
    Is it only my feeling because I'm usually using a PC with i7-3650 processor?

Thanks
    There are 5 posts in this thread, in my opinion if you read them you can obtain the right answer to your question... ;)
    I am a fortune teller: by cable or a wifi dongle the Beebox will work fine! :)

Thread Information