Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Default Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Hi, after updating the BIOS to version 1.80 or 2.10, RAM performance has declined by almost half of what he had with version 1.60. I show images of AIDA 64 Memory benchmark

Memory: HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4-2666

With BIOS 1.60

With BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

In all cases it is working with the XMP profile.

Default Re: Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Quote Originally Posted by juasen View Post
    In all cases it is working with the XMP profile.
    Lost us there with that last statement.

It IS or IS NOT working 'properly' when you set them using XMP?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Lost us there with that last statement.

It IS or IS NOT working 'properly' when you set them using XMP?
    I've taken the time to see this problem with the BIOS 1.8 and 2.10, in any way working properly, I returned to version 1.60. I assure you that ASRock has done a deficient work with the latest versions of the BIOS. By the way, while browsing the menus UEFI constant freezing occur, that I have not seen before with other manufacturers.

I wonder. First off, to be sure I understand, you have the Extreme4 and NOT the Extreme4+ , correct ?

THIS thread is what I below am getting/guessing at when referencing BIOS 1.80, the tipping point from ok to nasty for you, also updates a lot more than just the BIOS. I'm thinking that after the initial BIOS flashing, that after a reboot and with the usb stick still in it will update the remainder of the updates carried within 1.80 for your board

Try this. While flashed to 1.60 and it working as it should, use Instant Flash from within the BIOS menu and flash with BIOS 1.80 on a usb stick in a usb 2.0 port. BUT, upon it finishing updating the BIOS and asks to press a key to reboot, this time leave the usb stick in, and press to reboot. When it reboots(with the usb stick STILL in) does it now begin to update the ME, RC, and or Microcode?

I have the same problem with memory for BIOS version 1.8 \ 2.1. In version 1.6 it's OK.
    Memory: 2 * 8 GB Kingston HyperX (KHX2666C15D4/8G)

With the new BIOS version 2.30 remains the poor performance of the RAM , very bad.

I've taken the time to see this problem with the BIOS 1.8 and 2.10, in any way working properly, I returned to version 1.60. I assure you that ASRock has done a deficient work with the latest versions of the BIOS. By the way, while browsing the menus UEFI constant freezing occur, that I have not seen before with other manufacturers.
    Contact ASrock support, add those pic's to the email and let them know that when they updated the DRAM compatibility, it made your memory worse.

If they don't know they can't help. Maybe they will send you a BETA UEFI to test.

ASRock > Support Request Form

Quote Originally Posted by odiebugs View Post
    Contact ASrock support, add those pic's to the email and let them know that when they updated the DRAM compatibility, it made your memory worse.

If they don't know they can't help. Maybe they will send you a BETA UEFI to test.

ASRock > Support Request Form

I did a month ago, they didn't even answer me. It does not work the ASRock Technical Support.

I did a month ago, they didn't even answer me. It does not work the ASRock Technical Support.
    Send your request again.
    I have the same problem (with bios 1.8, 2.1, 2.3 ) . You are not alone with this problem . I also send a request ASRock Technical Support .

I'm sorry, not sure why they didn't reply. Look at this forum for a post by TSD Eddy, send him a private message, let him know that no one replied.

This is a UEFI problem, and the most I can do is mod UEFI for new firmware, OROMs, so that's all I can help you with.

If you don't see his name, look at this post - Z77 Extreme 3 NVMe support

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information