Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System locks up during certain installs on Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ and Windows 10 64 bit

merowland01 is offline Junior Member

Question System locks up during certain installs on Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ and Windows 10 64 bit

I have an Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ MB. I just installed Windows 10 64 bit. While restoring the system, certain installs (like LAN driver update Lan(v20.2_PV_v2)) lock up at 60%. I have to power off the PC to even get the MB to boot. I also, noticed that a LG cell phone driver (LG_USBModemDriver_Eng_WHQL_Ver_4.9.4_All.exe) locks up at 100%. Anyone got any ideas?

P.S. I was able to install the LAN drivers by using the Update Driver in the Device Manager.

Default Re: System locks up during certain installs on Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ and Windows 10 64 bit

Dear merowland01,

We provide some suggestion for try:
    1.Please update latest BIOS form our official website for try:http://66.226.78.22/downloadsite/BIO...+(2.00)ROM.zip
    2.Remove other device and test under basic device environment for verify(CPU, only one memory, PSU.)
    3.Test on a clean OS environment for verify.
    If problem still remains please provide more information for us include your other system device(CPU, memory, VGA I/O panel of device) and take screen shoot with the error screen for us to verify.

Thank you very much.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Question Re: System locks up during certain installs on Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ and Windows 10 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear merowland01,

We provide some suggestion for try:
    1.Please update latest BIOS form our official website for try:http://66.226.78.22/downloadsite/BIO...+(2.00)ROM.zip
    2.Remove other device and test under basic device environment for verify(CPU, only one memory, PSU.)
    3.Test on a clean OS environment for verify.
    If problem still remains please provide more information for us include your other system device(CPU, memory, VGA I/O panel of device) and take screen shoot with the error screen for us to verify.

Thank you very much.
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    I have the latest BIOS 2.00. I ran a "clean" OS boot via MSconfig.exe. and the programs still lockup PC. I also tried to install "Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3", and it locks up at 60% exactly. Here are the stats for my computer (note: I don't OC cpu when I'm doing installs):

Here are the PC stats:
    MB: Asrock Z170 Extreme7+
    CPU: Intel I7-6700k OC'd at 4.7 (during installs no OC)
    GPU(s): 2 - EVGA GTX580s on slots 2 & 4 in SLI
    HDD: 2 - Seagate 1TB ST31000524AS in RAID 0 => Volume_0000, Boot drive
    HDD: 1 - Seagate 1TB ST310005N1A1A5-RK used for backup
    SSD: 1 - Intel 311 SSD 20 GB, dedicated cache to Volume_0000 (disabled during installs)
    Memmory: 16 GB 2 - GSkill DDR4 3600 F4-3600C17D-8GTZ (from Asrock approved list) (during installs 2133, OC at 3600)
    PSU: Recommended PSU Wattage from online PSU calculator: 925 Watts; Have 1000 Watt Gold PSU

Also, the 2 USB 3.0 headers ( USB3_5_6 & USB3_7_8) don't work.

Please provide more guidance. Thanks

Default Re: System locks up during certain installs on Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ and Windows 10 64 bit

Dear merowland01,

Regarding of driver hang at 60% symptom, please kindly try below suggestion for try:
    1.Please update L2.02 BIOS for try. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing
    2.Load BIOS default setting then install the driver for try.
    3.Install latest driver from our official website for try:ASRock > Z170 Extreme7+
    4.Remove other device and test with basic device environment(CPU, only one memory, PSU, one VGA card) to verify.

About the USB3.0 USB3_5_6 & USB3_7_8 port, we suggest to install the inf driver from our website or support CD.
    Then you can enter to windows of device manager to check whether there have any yellow label or error information and press right click to update driver from internet for try.
    Or you can enter to BIOS>tool of system browser to check whether the USB device could be detected.

If problem still remains, does there have any error information or message show up during the period?
    We suggest to provide some picture about both driver and USB symptom and feedback to us.

Thanks
    Best wishes
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear merowland01,

Regarding of driver hang at 60% symptom, please kindly try below suggestion for try:
    1.Please update L2.02 BIOS for try. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing
    2.Load BIOS default setting then install the driver for try.
    3.Install latest driver from our official website for try:ASRock > Z170 Extreme7+
    4.Remove other device and test with basic device environment(CPU, only one memory, PSU, one VGA card) to verify.

About the USB3.0 USB3_5_6 & USB3_7_8 port, we suggest to install the inf driver from our website or support CD.
    Then you can enter to windows of device manager to check whether there have any yellow label or error information and press right click to update driver from internet for try.
    Or you can enter to BIOS>tool of system browser to check whether the USB device could be detected.

If problem still remains, does there have any error information or message show up during the period?
    We suggest to provide some picture about both driver and USB symptom and feedback to us.

Thanks
    Best wishes
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Installed P2.02, no difference. The "Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3.exe" install program still aborts at 60%. I'm working with Creative, but they want me to go from RAID 0 to regular....not a chance! I told them to just reimburse me for the application. I feed up with this program. As far as USB ports, they still don't work. See attachment with errors in DM. (I have more error pictures, but this forum only allows 1 attachment, sorry. Contact me directly at "merowland01@sbcglobal.net for other pictures of errors)
    Attached Images Attached Images System locks up during certain installs on Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ and Windows 10 64 bit-badusb30_1-jpg 

Double click on that "Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode)" and enter here what the/it's Hardware ID is.

To discover the Hardware Ids, double click on the offending device in Device Manager, click the "Details' tab, then under "Property' use the drop down to select "Hardware Ids" . It's the string(s) here I'm looking for you to post.

It appears, from here anyways, your USB ports/drivers are installed properly. That "Unknown usb ...." looks to be something plugged in.

You might re-check that all the USB cables connected to the MB are properly inserted and that one of them doesn't have a now bent pin in the header under the plug/cable.

But do post that Hardrware ID please. That's key to me determining what's going on there.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Also, upon opening it's Properties page there should be an Error Code displayed in the lower panels wording.

As in replying with the whole line. For instance "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Can I get that too please.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Double click on that "Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode)" and enter here what the/it's Hardware ID is.

To discover the Hardware Ids, double click on the offending device in Device Manager, click the "Details' tab, then under "Property' use the drop down to select "Hardware Ids" . It's the string(s) here I'm looking for you to post.

It appears, from here anyways, your USB ports/drivers are installed properly. That "Unknown usb ...." looks to be something plugged in.

You might re-check that all the USB cables connected to the MB are properly inserted and that one of them doesn't have a now bent pin in the header under the plug/cable.

But do post that Hardrware ID please. That's key to me determining what's going on there.
    Here is the hardware ID info: USB\PORT_LINK_COMPLIANCE_MODE

Also, here is info from Events tab:
    Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0008\5&166ccc16&0&21 was configured.
    Driver Name: usb.inf
    Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.10240.16384
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
    Matching Device Id: USB\PORT_LINK_COMPLIANCE_MODE
    Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\PORT_LINK_COMPLIANCE_MODE:00FF2000
    Device Updated: false

Thanks

Can I assume by the above you use external USB devices?

It looks like one, or more, were not properly removed via the Safely Remove util.

Try this. ONE at a time, plug them in till Windows recognizes it, then use the built in Safely Remove to remove it. Grab the next one you've had connected previously and follow the same procedure

One at a time, cycle through all USB externals you've previously connected. ie: HDD's, USB sticks, ODD's, scanners, printers, etc etc.

When you've safely removed all of them one at a time, reboot with none attached and check if this error is still present and let me know the results.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Also, upon opening it's Properties page there should be an Error Code displayed in the lower panels wording.

As in replying with the whole line. For instance "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Can I get that too please.
    Complete status:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The SuperSpeed link to the USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance. If the device is removable, remove the device and then disable/enable from device manager to recover."

I have removed all USB devices with "Safely remove hardware..." app. I rebooted and it is still there. I removed all USB devices except for mouse and keyboard, and it is still there. I think it's complaining about something on the MB that it is trying to install for. I have not been able to use the USB3_5_6 or USB3_7_8 headers, so maybe it's about that? Anyuway, hope this info helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information