Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z97 Extreme6 shuts off immediately, Dr. Diag 00

wateronsand is offline Junior Member

Question Z97 Extreme6 shuts off immediately, Dr. Diag 00

Hi All,

To eliminate variables, the board is not mounted in a case, only connected to the PSU, and only the CPU with stock cooler are installed. When I press the power button on the board, fans spin and Dr. Diag lights up 00. In less than a second, the board shuts back down. I've tried reseating the CPU and resetting CMOS. Is the board (or CPU) DOA? Anything else I can try?

PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2
    CPU: i5-4690k

Thanks!

Joe-912 is offline Member

Default Re: Z97 Extreme6 shuts off immediately, Dr. Diag 00

Your also need ram
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Ok, tried it with RAM installed, same thing happens.

RAM: 8GBx2 GSkill F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Assuming this is a new build and your seeing 00 on Dr Debug

00 - Re-seat the CPU and pray
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Oh, one other item.

You did plug in the 8pin CPU Power in the upper left hand corner, right?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Talking Re: Z97 Extreme6 shuts off immediately, Dr. Diag 00

No, I did not. I misread the PSU docs as saying this connection was optional (it actually says that a *secondary* 8 pin connector, if present, is optional) - forgive me, it's been the better part of 10 years since I did a build.

Connecting the 8 pin solved the problem. Thank you!

All that matters here is that you have a machine that works.

Thanks for the post saying so. Great to hear.

Thread Information