Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Really need help w z97 deleted hd in process to install win 7

sebastian869 is offline Junior Member

Default Really need help w z97 deleted hd in process to install win 7

i have asrock z97 extreme6 (trying to install win 7)and newest bios and i cant seem to find answer most have issues with m2 i have a reg ssd
    to do a uefi setup what do i need to set the CSM settings to?
    i can enable disable CSM and there are three sub menues.
    1. launch pxe oprom policy
    2. launch storage oprom policy
    3. launch video oprom policy
    there are 3 options for the first 2
    do not launch/uefi only/legacy only and the 3 options is
    uefi only/legacy only.
    can someone Plz help me out and let me know what i should set it to to but to uefi in future.
    when i first installed 7 never knew about these settings i do have secure boot off
    thanks
    dunno if it matters but im using a nvidia gpu not the cpu gpu and im trying to do the install from windows dvd

Joe-912 is offline Member

Default Re: Really need help w z97 deleted hd in process to install win 7

Hi I used this guide to install windows 7 on my SM951 M2 ssd in uefi mode from dvd it worked for me, UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Help Forums
    hope it helps
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

sebastian869 is offline Junior Member

i have ssd and reg hd and uefi bios do u think thats enought alrhough last win 7 install i didnt know anything about this stuff and my boot was less then 5 secs HUGe improvement over last pc which was like 2 minutes ish ,,,,, do u notice a difference when u set it up to uefi? thanks for the help im using damn iphone for this as im not done win install

Joe-912 is offline Member

Well there is only a slight boost in starting windows 7 with the SM951 M2, but very quite using it in windows, Installs are rapid, I have it on an Asus Maximus Hero 7 Z97 board I put the ssd on a pcie adaptor, as for my games (steam) I have them on a seperate ssd Because games are huge these days so you dont want to fill up your OS drive with games, I didn't no jack about GPT and UEFI boot before I got my M2 drive but the windows 7 forums I linked you to helped me out a lot...
    Hope you can sort it
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Thread Information