Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4

K4MR4N is offline Junior Member

Default Re: HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4

okay so windows can see the drive so at least I know its actually working. thats the good news, however Im stuck here now with the sm951 in my pcie slot wondering whats stopping it from booting when theirs nothing plugged in except for itself, because when the setup finishes and i pull the boot USB out it just goes straight to BIOS. :(

HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4-disk-managment-jpg

Device Manager > Disk Drives > highlight the SM951 , right click on it , choose Properties > move to the Volume tab , select Populate , what is the Partition Style stating

It should be "GUID Partition Table(GPT)"
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

yeah wardog it seems all fine here..

HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4-sm951-properties-jpg

Yet above, your SM951 is labeled E drive, while Windows is showing labeled the C drive with the properties of Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition. So C is your now bootable drive, not E !!!

Do yourself a favor. Install with only the SM951 "drive' connected

yeah I did that, when I installed the SM951 using the UEFI USB method I had unplugged all drives even the dvd drive! and just for good measure took out the USB thumbstick with setup files on it and STILL the pc just goes straight into BIOS when it restarts from the setup.

Lemme look round in your manual, hold a sec .....
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

That RAMCity article links to the below for NVMe installations. Is the below one you are following now that you have the NVMe ver of the 951?

Install Windows 7 x64 on Samsung SM951 m.2 drive! - Windows 7 - Storage

BIOS > Advanced > Storage Configuration - is the 951 drive showing here

Tip: To take a snapshot of any current screen content displayed by the monitor, place a USB stick in and press F12 when/where you want a screen capture and it'll save to the USB stick.

No that link to the toms hardware forum is not what I was following, I'm using Windows 10 not widows 7 and I was following the initial RAMCity article for installing SM951 on Windows 8.1 (which also works with Win10) that link u sent me on PM .

Right so I can't for some reason take screenshots using the lexar USB drive I have it says it can't take screenshot when I hit F12 so I just took pictures of screen with iPhone .

HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4-image-jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information