Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4

K4MR4N is offline Junior Member

Default Re: HELP! Booting from SM951 AHCI via PCIe Adapter on Z87M Extreme4

Yeah tried to boot from the Windows 10 install that just installed, however it refuses to boot from anything as if the motherboard can't detect the drive as a boot device, when I try to boot every time just goes straight to BIOS. This is with nothing attached EXCEPT for SM951 on PCIe 3 x16 slot. this and the fact that when I press F11 to select boot device it doesn't even show there like it does on the RAMCity videos is making me think that I have the wrong BIOS and I need the special L version?

PM'd

K4MR4N is offline Junior Member

FINALLY . It's working I can boot Windows 10 on the Samsung SM951 NVMe . The bios can now see and recognise the SM951 as I have updated it flash using Asrock special version P2.10B . Windows Boot Manager is set to first on boot priority list and in the CSM compatibility menu , launch Storage option ROM is set to UEFI only instead of Legacy , the rest of the CSM options are left how they were. Plugged the sata hard drive back and using that 1TB as a storage device with SM951 for programs and OS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information