Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Drv64.exe - bad image" when i went to install win 7 USB 3 drivers.

Default Re: "Drv64.exe - bad image" when i went to install win 7 USB 3 drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by SandsOfTime View Post
    @odiebugs:

I have the 4.0.2.42 installed on my Z97E-ITX/ac motherboard and it' running without problems. But in my experience is is recommended to deinstall an older Intel USB 3.0 driver, reboot and then install a newer version.
    That's why I said go to programs. See they probably used the "Software" installer Setup.exe, and didn't just point the hardware to the driver, and if they ran the installer, if you Uninstall it, it also removes the driver.

You can also update "most drivers" and there's absolutely no reason to remove the older one because there's no conflict.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 11-16-2015 at 06:54 AM.

That pic looks like your trying to install the incorrect x86 or x64 driver package.

A dir like "C:\Installs" off the root of C is what I use. Keeps the dir length short as possible.

sebastian869 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    That pic looks like your trying to install the incorrect x86 or x64 driver package.

A dir like "C:\Installs" off the root of C is what I use. Keeps the dir length short as possible.
    Its the driver off intel site that says its supports my hardware I dont know what the hell is goin on i noticed after install of disk and win up date which took over hr and i ran the install i had that error so i again installed the disk this time just did inf and the driver and no problems

sebastian869 is offline Junior Member

yeah that again is a major pain and i now do what u said. Especially when i go to backup so i have a mster disk w drivers jus like the mobo disk and if the driver is long it installed 3 dir deep and nero wown let it it burn so i had to change name and the win and i have is x64 do u dont get that error.

The driver for the 9 series chipset USB 3.0 on ASrock is -3.0.1.41, on Intel site- 4.0.0.36 . The newest not posted by Intel yet is 4.0.2.42.

These drivers usually never have any performance effect, therefore the best one is usually the one that was tested by ASrock, and you don't have win 10 so you don't have to worry about windows forcing drivers.

The error has to do with two different things, one being the ,exe and the .DLL.

What you should do is open CMD as Admin and run "" sfc /scannow "" this will check the system files and repair any, if this has problems with errors or can't fix them, then you need to run this, in this order and using CMD as Admin

1.- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

2.- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3.- SFC /scannow

Rerun these commands until no errors are left if you have any, **** But don't run these ( DISM ) commands if you cracked windows, only if you bought it or it was OEM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information