Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: h97mITX/ac

Default Re: h97mITX/ac

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    Me again. I have just been educated.
    As you can see by my sig I'm more and AMD person. Sorry for that. As far as I knew, until nw that is, is that all unlocked Intel chips had a K behind them.

Goes to prove I'm sometimes dumb when it comes to Intel. Again, I'm so sorry.

OK, Yea. Let me know what happens after you touch that file.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Never the less, you helped where you could and that is invaluable, so do not berate yourself for not knowing, I didn`t know and it`s my setup!
    Anyway, I will try the link suggestion.
    I just swapped cases between posts otherwise would have replied sooner. I do not think much of the TT Suppressor F1 after building with it......
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Seasonic EVO Bronze 520 semi fanless modular PSU
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. All in a TT Suppressor F1

Taken full control of the .DLL and denied control to previous "owner". Then renamed by adding OLD to end of filename. No change in the BIOS OCtweaker though, all still auto or ghosted out..........
    At least it`s another possibilty explored. Still good for 4.3GHz @1.248 volts in A-tuning, for what use that is. I never seems to apply real world, as if it is just the result it would get in theory rather than an application.
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Seasonic EVO Bronze 520 semi fanless modular PSU
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. All in a TT Suppressor F1

I just finished researching the fix on this issue for the H97M-ITX/ac after reading this thread and many others. The fix is very simple and worked 100% for me. I am using Win 7 Ultimate presently and all that is required is to flash the bios from P1.80 ( version that comes with board) to the L1.12 (beta version with CPU coding fix on ASRock website). Once you download the bios file to your computer, throw it on a USB drive (FAT32, most USBs should already be formatted FAT32, mine was). Restart computer with the USB drive plugged in and press F6. This gives you the option to update to F1.12 bios. You can then enter the BIOS UEFI to overclock the CPU. Hope that helps someone like me out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SensorO View Post
    I just finished researching the fix on this issue for the H97M-ITX/ac after reading this thread and many others. The fix is very simple and worked 100% for me. I am using Win 7 Ultimate presently and all that is required is to flash the bios from P1.80 ( version that comes with board) to the L1.12 (beta version with CPU coding fix on ASRock website). Once you download the bios file to your computer, throw it on a USB drive (FAT32, most USBs should already be formatted FAT32, mine was). Restart computer with the USB drive plugged in and press F6. This gives you the option to update to F1.12 bios. You can then enter the BIOS UEFI to overclock the CPU. Hope that helps someone like me out there.
    You tried this yourself? from BIOS 1.8 to Beta L1.12...................... Personally I doubt this will reverse the firmware update and will lead to a very scrambled motherboard. Not one I will attempt. You may be right, but would need more reassurance than just what you say there. Your MB is definitely behaving itself?, and you can now overclock?

The board is stable with 1.12 and there has been no issues at stock at all so far. It opens up all the OC options. I'm running p95 at 3.8ghz at 1.15v presently with no problems. Intel burn test in is good at that clock as well. We'll see how well it suits the board for a few more hours at 3.8. It wasn't happy at 4.0ghz at 1.2v and would bsod on tests.

What CPU?

To everyone still curious about the L1.12 bios on this board with g3258. It ran p95 for 5.5 hours at 3.8ghz oc at 1.15v with no errors on stock cooler and with old GSkill Sniper DDR3 ram. Highest temp on test was 75C.
    If anyone has any advice on how too get it stable at 4ghz on this board, I'd be happy know.

Thanks, that is reassuring, as for the 4ghz stability I do not know.raise voltage a little? Probably will get hotter as well, best to consider a higher efficiency cooler first...........Has your case got room for tower coolers and such?

The Corsair 380T case is what I have and it has limited clearance for air coolers. My thermaltake cooler was 0.3 inch too tall, so I'm going to go with a liquid CPU cooler eventually. However, there have been many other boards reportedly getting the CPU stable at 4ghz + on stock cooler and my temps aren't that bad so far. I'm thinking some tweaking with volts may get it there and I'll just monitor temps. It could also be my RAM not liking the speeds, as it isn't "officially" supported on the ASrock list of compatibility.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information