Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: h97mITX/ac

Default h97mITX/ac

Overclocking problems

How?
    Have latest1.8 BIOS and G3258k pentium
    Ran A-tuning auto and got 4.3ghz@1.248v
    Went into BIOS to set it there and nothing to tweak in terms of a multiplyer...........What am I missing? I was in OC Tweaker section
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Seasonic EVO Bronze 520 semi fanless modular PSU
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. All in a TT Suppressor F1

Default Re: h97mITX/ac

Do a Google search for "KB3064209"
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks.. Had a good look, and it did look very promising in terms of isolating a fix. Until I looked at my windows update log and did a search for KB3064209 and no such update found........Any suggestions?
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Seasonic EVO Bronze 520 semi fanless modular PSU
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. All in a TT Suppressor F1

Should I install an earlier BIOS?

No. No earlier BIOS alone will not fix this. It's in the OS itself, hence the KB Update that MS and Intel decided to "compromise' OC'ing.

Check out the below post, but read through the complete thread first and reply back please. They talk about dropping to a single core, you can ignore that. The file they discuss and the changes made you shouldn't ignore.

Solved Windows 10 will not install on a system with a Pentium G3258 CPU - Windows 10 Forums

What version of Windows are you using for this? Yes, I see your sig, but you've made no specific mention in this thread.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I am using W7 Pro 64 bit

I have read the file through. Can I assume this will act the same with W7?.............
    One concern is that I have not got the offending windows update file, KB3064209, so how can this be part of the problem? What I do have now is the 1.8 version of the BIOS..............Is the problem in windows or is it a BIOS lockout?
    I just reread my sig and noticed I named the CPU wrongly I have a G3258k not G3420

Just a quick thought: I recently changed the BIOS setting to silent mode, would this lock me out of overclocking?

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    I have not got the offending windows update file, KB3064209, so how can this be part of the problem?
    Which tells me you only recently bought a retail disc, belong to MSFT VL etc etc channel, or you're using one of the Preview BETA's as it got incorporated/rolled into newer ones.

You mean the OS CD? Dell OEM circa 2010......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information