Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Internet Flash FAIL now ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 won't start, Dr Debug loops

Cameleon75 is offline Junior Member

Angry Internet Flash FAIL now ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 won't start, Dr Debug loops

Hi,

I just got a ASRock Z97 Extreme6. And because I wish to have it run at it's best and ready for all CPU's (including 5th gen.), I started by updating the BIOS. So only a small amount of mem, a test CPU (G1820) mouse and keyboard. O, and an internet cable.
    I used Internet Flash which seemed like a smart thing to do because wel ASRock itself presents it as 'THE' way to go. But after downloading the BIOS it says something like 'Flash fail' in a textballoon which has an 'OK' button so after reading of course I clicked it. After that it continued updasting and asked me not to turn of computer, which seems more then logical; one does not mess with the BIOS, one just follows the instruction presented by ASRock.
    At the end the process asked or mentioned a reboot. But it got stuck in loop when it did. After a while I noticed the MoBo was in BIOS B. And because I read somewhere it wasnt possible to update BIOS B I figured that would have been the issue and so... switched it to BIOS A.

This time my keyboard wasn't found by the MoBo/start up so I couldn't enter one of the mentioneed functionkeys (I believe F2,F11,F1). So I bought 2 new keyboards. one with USB, one with PS/2. The last mentioned I used first and hooray, I could continue. Again I went for Internet Flash and above happened to this BIOS as well; flash fail.

So now the only thing I get is Dr. Debug looping with longer periods waiting at: 10, 35, 36, F2, F9. F2, F9, 35, 4F, 35 4F, 35. 4F, and then repeats the serie over and over.

Or with info about what the code means:
    10 - PEI Core is started
    35 - CPU post-memory initialization. Boot Strap Processor (BSP) selection
    36 - CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) initialization
    F2 - Recovery process started
    F9 - Recovery capsule is not found
    F2 - Recovery process started
    F9 - Recovery capsule is not found
    4F - DXE IPL is started
    4F - DXE IPL is started
    4F - DXE IPL is started

When I press reset it sometimes restarts the setup (one in ten or so?), but mostly it just starts with Dr. Debug with the loop sequence at 10, so that's why I mention it as the first code.

Hardware:
    System Specs:
    Asrock z97 extreme6
    Intel Celeron G1820 (+CNPS 10X Extreme cooler)
    2x2GB DDR3 (CMV4GX3M2A1333C9) in slots A2 and B2
    Zalman ZM360B-APS
    BIOS V. 1.xx (can't really remember if it was 1.30/40/60/70, I lean towards 1.70)

Anyone any suggestion how to get this fixed?

I feel a bit fooled by ASRock and it's own 'savest way to update the BIOS'. Seems almost like a NoNo.

It seems to me that although the system recognized an error in downloading, it did continue installing the corrupt data anyway. Which in turn is a bug due to programming on ASRocks part and not a human error on my part.

I tried to clear CMOS several different ways; by pressing the button on I/O, switching the pinconnector from 1-2 too 2-3 and taking out the battery for about 12 ours. But after again carefully and correctly installing all necessary hardware (CPU, Memory, Cooler, Power) it had the same result.

I'm uploading a video on youtube about the failure and the loop of the codes presented by Dr. Debug for others to see as we speak. I do not have the link just yet but one wil be able to find it soon enough by searching for title: "ASRock Internet Flash Fails and kills motherboard".

Hopefully all this information might be enough for anyone to come up with a way to get this thing working again. Although I'm affraight this bug killed my motherboard or at least BIOS-chips.

And if not, at least be a warning to others not to buy ASRock with the same type of BIOS. Because it clearly is a bug if it continues to install a failed download anyway. Specially when it happens twice.

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Joe-912 is offline Member

Default Re: Internet Flash FAIL now ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 won't start, Dr Debug loops

Try download the instant flash file and extract it to a fat32 formatted flash drive, put it in a usb2 port and restart your system, try to get into your bios and flash from there...
    good luck
    Asus Maximus 7 Hero > Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow > Intel 4790K > Noctua NH-D15 > 16GB G-skill Sniper 2133 > Samsung SM951 256GB > Sandisk X400 512GB > Western digital black Sata 6 500GB > Western digital black 640GB > Windows 10 Pro 64 > Asus 27" MX279H Monitor > Gibabyte GTX 980Ti extreme

Thread Information