Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK P67 Extreme4 firmware mode to UEFI

Default ASROCK P67 Extreme4 firmware mode to UEFI

So, hey I have this ancient mobo which is flashed to the latest BIOS version L3.19 which presumably supports UFEI mode. I have Win 10 Pro installed on my system. It was a clean install, not an upgrade from Win 7. Last night, I discovered something I never even knew mattered, that my Win 10 install was in legacy BIOS, not UEFI. So now I want to move my OS from legacy BIOS to UEFI using the MBR2GPT disk conversion tool. So far so good. But then I believe I have to set my motherboard's firmware to UEFI and not legacy BIOS. But I can't find anything in the boot menu to do that. So my question is simple: Is it even possible with my motherboard to switch from legacy BIOS to UEFI. And if so, how?

P.S. Please forgive whatever poor or wrong terminology I used in the post--I am sure there were many--I am not all that tech-savvy.

mark7sys is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ASROCK P67 Extreme4 firmware mode to UEFI

I am curious about your situation. I must make a lot of assumptions about it. I assume that your boot drive is no larger than 2 terabytes in size and that you have been booting successfully in MBR mode and that you donít have a lot of fancy re-partitioning in mind for that drive. I further assume that you are not relocating your OS to a different drive.

It might help readers here to know what might motivate you to want to convert your boot drive to GPT. Why do you think that is important?

Thread Information